Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Unable to open teamwork project

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
I was working on a teamwork project (Archicad 19), but when I put send&receive the file froze and I had to force it to close. After that, I haven't been able to open the teamwork project anymore. I get a message that says "Error occurred during the last teamwork operation - Communication with the server has failed" (attached below)

Nevertheless, the problem only appears with one of the teamwork projects, other teamworks work fine. I also ran the Network diagnostic tool, and it also says that the BIM server is accessible.

I tried to deleting the local teamwork data and open the project again, but it didn't work. Any ideas what I could try next?

Thanks already in advance!

teamwork.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This was discussed here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=262366

It's always worth trying a search of your question to save yourself time.

I think the answer is to leave and re-join the project.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you! I saw the topic discussed but for some reason I understood that in those cases the error message was related to send&receiving the changes, not to not being able to open the project. Sorry for the inconveniences and thanks again, I will try that!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again,

it seems that it didn't quite work - now Archicad does start opening the teamwork project but is then stuck at the "Uploading data - 5. Updating view" point for hours. I have tried leaving and re-joining the project and deleting the local teamwork data, but the same thing happens.

Any ideas what I should try next?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sounds like a big file and/or a slow connection.

Have you checked these?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The file is quite big but has been working without problems this far. I'll check anyway if there is some way we can reduce the size (it's already split in model and layout files) if that would speed up the process.

Thanks again!