BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Work on BIM server with different localisations archicad

darius Caplinskas
Contributor
Hello,
I want to ask, does anybody knows, if its possible to connect and work on teamwork project, which is shared on BIM server with different localisations Archicad versions.
There is my situation:
project is shared by ArchiCAD localised for Norway (it exactly the same like international version, except the localised libraries, and templates). I would like to know if its possible to connect to same BIM server with ArchiCAD localised for Germany (it has german menu, library, and so on). Both archicad and BIM server versions is the same: v18 build 8004. I would like to know it fore sure, before offering collaboration to other office located in Germany.
Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't know the answer to this question. But you can try it yourself. Here are the donwloads to all ARCHICAD 19 localized versions:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/

Download the version you want to test and test it yourself.
Please report back with your findings, I am interested in knowing the results.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
darius Caplinskas
Contributor
laszlonagy wrote:
I don't know the answer to this question. But you can try it yourself. Here are the donwloads to all ARCHICAD 19 localized versions:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/
I will try it on archicad 19. But would like to test archicad 18. As our partner haven't upgraded to 19 yet. I will inform about results
darius Caplinskas
Contributor
dear Laszlo Nagy,
I have downloaded German versions of archicad 18 and 19 and wanted to test how they will work with Norwegian version BIM server, but faced with problems:

You archicad license is for Norwegian localization and the German localization archicad doesn't work with this license. So i can start it only in demo mode. And in demo mode teamwork menu and functionality is disabled. So there is no way to test

Any suggestions ?

By the way its very strange that NO license is not valid for GER version.

Hope for your answer
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately, I don't know what could be done here.
Try to contact your local reseller, they may have an idea.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
darius Caplinskas
Contributor
Hello,
Finally i can confirm that its is possible to work on ArchiCAD BIM server (teamwork) with different ArchiCAD localisations. Tested on BIM SERVER NOR localisation with ArchiCAD 18 NOR and GER loaclisations over WAN (internet) from different countries.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD supports several ways for you to access and work on a Teamwork project from different locations. This is helpful if, for example, you are traveling and want to take the project with you; or if you regularly work on the same project from several locations (e.g. home and work).
Learn and get certified!