Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

2D draweing pcture or sketch to 3D stasnding shape?

Anonymous
Not applicable
how can i make this 2D drawen shape; 3d standing shape i tried with slab tool but it doesnt change its horezontality to 90 degree vertival shape ,advice me please

untitled.GIF
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
This is a frequently asked question.

After you create your object flat on the ground, you view it in the 3D window in the orientation that you want it to appear in when placed in plan ... and save the 3D contents as a GDL object.

To stand the slabs up vertically (90 degrees), use a parallel 'side' view (see screenshot) and then drag the camera to the top (90 degree position) of your screen looking at what should be the top of your object. See screenshot attached.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Note, you can hold the Shift key down when you drag the camera to have it snap to 90 degrees. (Or enter 90 in the box.)
save-gdl.gif
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Also, refer to Intro to object making.pdf found at C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 9\Graphisoft Documentation where C: is the drive where ArchiCAD 9 is installed.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Karl Ottenstein
Djordje wrote:
Also, refer to Intro to object making.pdf found at C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 9\Graphisoft Documentation where C: is the drive where ArchiCAD 9 is installed.
I searched that for the appropriate page to refer him to, but could not find a simple example of standing a model upright. Tables, windows, doors - yes. A custom truss essentially applies, but is described more complexly than is needed here...

Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
it didn't work this way ,it doesn't has any parameters to stand it up and when i try to adjust the xyz of the gdl object it changes the shape help me please
gerd
Newcomer
hi,

it should work in the way, described above. here are some further tipps,
try it!
+ make sure to draw the figure on the point x=0, y=0
if you need to make some corrections later (like rotation) it will be much easier.
+ the figure should be drawn with 3d elements (walls or slabs)
+ now go to 3d window, change the settings of parallel viewpoint in the way, karl described
+ now you should see the figure from above (like you want to see it in your floor plans afterwards
+ save it as object
+ use it and have fun.
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is a 2D i want to make the colored part of it 60cm thickness 3D can somebody do that for me please , its a dxf file type

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!