cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

3D AXONOMETRIC RENDERED VIEWS

Tom Elliott
Contributor

Dear Community,

Has anyone tried to create a set of axonometric 3d views for rendering in cinerender? I have a building I'm trying to create 3d floor plans for with all the lovely textured detail of the cinerender engine. I set my 3d cut plane in the perspective window and then change to axonometric birdseye view, set the image how I want it and redefine the view with current window settings. It works beautifully with the only exception that I can't then change the 3d cut plane whilst keeping the same set up, the result being that the 1st floor doesn't match up with the ground floor.

My workaround to this at the moment is to stick scotch tape on my computer screen, mark where the walls corner on the ground floor and then try to line up the 1st floor view to those marks. I'd have hoped that in 2023 we'd have progressed further than resorting to these sort of workarounds!! Have we? Please? It's painful!

I thought maybe if I put the rendered images on a layout I could then line them up using trace reference but I'm having trouble with image resolution and size.

Is there some other way of setting a consistent view point in axo or laying out images so they line up with each other correctly?

Tom

AC27 3001 INT FULL

Macstudio M1 Max

32Gb Ram Ventura

10 REPLIES 10
Tom Elliott
Contributor

Hi Karl,

Thanks very much for your tip and for all you guys do for everyone on here. It's an amazing support source for the rest of us mere humans! That I can pose a question on a Saturday afternoon and 5hrs later have a multitude of answers that resolve my issue is amazing.

Thank you.

Tom