Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

3D walkthroughs for clients

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had great success presenting to my clients in 3D, using a laptop and a 3Dconexion Space Navigator. Even though the imagery is a little crude, it has been a wonderful tool, that really helps me and my clients. However, the implementation is a little wonky. We all gather around the laptop, which is a little too cozy sometimes. I work with single family residential clients, and usually present in their homes.

I'm exploring alternatives, and wondering what other people have had success with. I have hooked up to clients TVs using a DVI - HDMI cable. This works really well, but takes a little setup. I'm currently thinking of either getting a projector and finding a blank wall in the clients home, or renting a conference room with a monitor on the wall. This option is attractive, particularly for the higher end clients I'm going after

I'm wondering what other people have had success with here. Anyone doing either of these things?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi
have you looked at BIMx as an option? it works on iPad as well, so if you or your clients have one, you could try BIMx on that.
BIMx files can be emailed to your client to be opened on a PC/Mac/iPad.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Mark wrote:
BIMx files can be emailed to your client to be opened on a PC/Mac/iPad.
And now the Kindle Fire:
GRAPHISOFT BIMx Now Available through Amazon for Kindle Fire

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14