Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArchiCAD quits while trying to save Artlantis w template

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am running AC 8.1 on several Macs including G5'S and G4'S with lots of RAM and plenty of drive space. When I create a 3d view in ArchiCAD and attempt to save out an Art.lantis 4.5.6 file using a template file, ArchiCAD quits and I see that beloved Bug Reporter. This happens only when I use a template file, even the one created the first time I used the Art.lantis file created in the same way from the same ArchiCAD file.

This is a serious problem because it means that I cannot go back to the ArchiCAD file to make model changes unless I am willing to go through the entire setup again in Art.lantis including shaders, textures, billboards, lights, background, etc. (except that I know I can import the textures).

Any bright ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
Export without using the template from AC and in Art use the open with reference command. IMO it is the same procedure.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the suggestion. But, the "open with reference command" you suggested sounds like a PC operation. On a Mac, we have the option to "import materials", however, that is all you can import. You still loose lights, cameras, and billboards.
Eduardo Rolon
I use OS X on a Powerbook and Artlantis 4.5 it has the command under file. Remember that what you are doing is exporting from AC without using the template and when you open the file in artlantis instead of using the regular open command then you use the open with reference command. If the file you use as a reference has the billboards, materials and lights it will import them. I use this command all the time...
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, ejrolon. Your "open with reference" solution did the trick.
Mark