Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 26 and 27, Datasmith link crashes archicad

Snusmumrikken
Participant

Hey, I'm trying to use twinmotion to make images for my project, but I'm having a problem with the datasmith direct link. When i press the sync button my mouse turns into a little blue loading circle for about 1 sec, then Archicad just crashes. There is no error message, just the bug report screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the different parts (archicad, twinmotion and datasmith plugin). I have tried both archicad 26, updates for archicad 26, and archicad 27. It crashes every time. Whenever i make a new file, and make just some simple geometry it works, but this file just wont work. This is being done on my home computer, which has 13700k, 32GB Ram and a RTX 4090, which should be more than enough. I tried it this morning on my work computer, (8700k 16GB ram and RTX 3080) and it works flawlessly here, with the exact same version of archicad 26, same version of twinmotion and everything. I cant figure out why it dosent work on my home computer. 

The im working on is on a BIMcloud, and i made sure to receive, so the files ive been trying should be identical

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MASz
Enthusiast

The 5.4 Datasmith exporter is bugged, causing Archicad to crash. This is not the first time the exporter has been bugged like this, I have already raised it with an Epic Games developer.

As a workaround, you can instead use the archived 5.3 exporter. This should work fine. 

AC27 AUS, Windows 11, i9-13900KF, RTX3090, 128GB DDR5, 4k144 display

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
MASz
Enthusiast

The 5.4 Datasmith exporter is bugged, causing Archicad to crash. This is not the first time the exporter has been bugged like this, I have already raised it with an Epic Games developer.

As a workaround, you can instead use the archived 5.3 exporter. This should work fine. 

I have the same issue with one of my files. Howerver the 5.3 exporter does not seem to support archicad 27 ... and for some reason I cannot save my plan file back to archicad 26. Any help there? (or does 5.3 support archicad 27 though it is not listed on the website?)

Schermafbeelding 2024-04-30 om 16.05.13.png

5.3.2 exporter does support Archicad 27, it is what I am using. The website is just incorrect.

Ok, that is good to know. Do you know if it runs on a mac M1 computer? (that used to be the problem why i couldn't update)

Testet this for myself --> it works