BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis - Need more polygons!

jamespage11
Participant
What's going on here? I drew some vanities for a bathroom - they're custom profile walls rotated around a very small radius, saved as embedded objects and then set into separate custom profile walls for the counters with a subtraction SEO. They look fine in Archicad, as you can see in the screen shot below, but when I import the model into Artlantis they come out with a ridiculously low number of polygons. Luckily the finish I want is a streaky, thick glaze so I was able to disguise it a little, but it still looks terrible. (Rendered image to follow) Anyone know how to fix this?

untitled.JPG
Cape Town, South Africa

AC 24
Windows 10
Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
11 REPLIES 11
Dwight
Newcomer
Yes.

Smooth the polygons - Material Dialog.

Buy my Artlantis Attitude book for ALL the answers.
smoothness.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
jamespage11
Participant
Krippahl and Dwight, thanks so much! That material smoothness slider is magic! I can't believe how easily it works! And it doesn't even seem to slow render speed down too heavily.

What does the merge vertices function actually do? It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I do it or not, and it gives one of those scary warnings that it can't be undone..

P.S. Dwight I might actually do that. I seem to have hit a bit of a ceiling in improving my renders with Artlantis. They're looking pretty good I'd say, but they're missing a lot of what makes a truly professional looking image, and the Artlantis forum's not really much help once you've grasped the basics of the software..
Cape Town, South Africa

AC 24
Windows 10
Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!