BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis Studio 'versus' Cinema 4D Architectural edition

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a registered user of Artlantis 4.5.

To upgrade to Artlantis Studio is almost as expensive as buying a new license. So I am considering Cinema 4D Architectural Edition as well, although it is more expensive. I also understand that the learning curve is harder than Artlantis, but the software is more powerful. The point is if that extra power is worth a € 600 difference?

Could someone advise on the 'pros' and 'cons' of Artlantis Studio 'versus' C4D Architectural Edition?

Jaime Neto

MacBookPro 17'' | 2,4 Ghz | 2GB Ram | MacOsX 4.10
Archicad 11-1086-POR-Full /Artlantis 4.5 / Sketchup Pro 6.0 / Piranesi 4.0
12 REPLIES 12
alexliz
Participant
You go to Window>Album, then display the Album drawer (the additional window that slides to the left or right of the Album window) then click inside the picture, then click and drag from one of the materials shown in the postcard to one of your materials in your Preview window (note: you must click inside the Album window once to make sure that it's the active window _before_ you start the click-and-drag process).

Postcards are added to the Album by clicking on the little icon with the picture frame and the plus sign (+).

Basically, Postcards are special JPG files which also contain shader information taken from the Artlantis model.

HTH
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Chazz
Enthusiast
whatever wrote:
but usually i start with this postcard , and do some changes .. really nice one

http://www.archiradar.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=108&Itemid=28
A more basic question.....

How the heck do you download it? Where is the button on the ArchiRadar page to download the postcard file?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
rocorona
Booster
Chazz wrote:
Where is the button on the ArchiRadar page to download the postcard file?
You need to be logged-in. The site has two different registration/log-in systems, one for the forum and the other for download. This one is located on the left column of the home page.
You can use the same user-name and password for both.

--Roberto--

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10