cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Building Rendering coming out too "yellowY" how do I fix

rob2218
Enthusiast
I have greys, whites, brick tones, etc...in my building model.
I've set the "material" and "textures" and "surfaces" so that the "Cinerender matches Internal" look of the material....yet when I render USING the Cinerender engine...my building, the entire building looks very "yellowy"?
How,where, who, what can I adjust to get the renderings to render better?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
6 REPLIES 6
rob2218
Enthusiast
I mean..here's what the "screen" image looks like? why can't the rendering be, look, more like this?
this Cinerender is the most complex rendering program I've ever seen.
Rendering-from-Screen.jpg
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have a yellow sun colour, if you are using physical sky and have late afternoon time this is what you will get, you can change the colour of the sun in the rendering settings physical sky section.

Cinerender is a much more powerful and therefore much more complex rendering engine, once you have experimented and saved your settings for use again you will find results and speed will be much better

Scott
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Possible quick fix (under detailed settings):
Use Physical Renderer > Physical Camera > Camera White Balance

That might be set to something else than daylight.

The Outdoor Daylight Fast scene should get you decent results though. You may have to go in to the Options > General Options page to change the Ray Threshold / Ray Depth / Reflection Depth settings if reflection and transparant materials are giving unsatisfactory results.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
rob2218
Enthusiast
you mean to tell me that a sophisticated rendering program such as this one causes "yellow" to appear as a sun color? seriously?....I'll have to look into these other settings you all are talking about.
My client is getting a bit freaked I can't seem to figure this minucia (sp?) out.
sboydturner wrote:
You have a yellow sun colour, if you are using physical sky and have late afternoon time this is what you will get, you can change the colour of the sun in the rendering settings physical sky section.

Cinerender is a much more powerful and therefore much more complex rendering engine, once you have experimented and saved your settings for use again you will find results and speed will be much better

Scott
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
I've asked this before.....are there any good tutorials on youtube that ANYONE can recommend either done by GS or anyone else (in English) that has some basic explanation of how to use Cine4d which is now the rendering software?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
rob2218 wrote:
I've asked this before.....are there any good tutorials on youtube that ANYONE can recommend either done by GS or anyone else (in English) that has some basic explanation of how to use Cine4d which is now the rendering software?
Somebody else asking the same thing.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=50682

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11