BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Dwights New Book - questions?

archislave
Enthusiast
Dwight:

Maybe I have missed out on an earlier discussion, but I was hoping Dwight could explain the premise of his upcoming new book. I have been looking at many inspiring architectural renderings on the web and it seems that the best ones are produced using Max and Vray render. I also see the renderings using real bitmaps of vegetation and people. Here are a few questions for Dwight:

1) Why do you just focus on AC's Lightworks engine which does not contain radiosity? Do you think radiosity is not necessary or are you showing ways to approximate it?

2) Do you show how to fine tune textures and bring them in from other sources?

3) Do you cover the placement of real bitmaped vegetation and entourage in the model or photoshop and how to produce the finished composite rendering?

4)Why have you chosen not to include Artlantis and other radiosity renderers in the workflow to get more realism.

5) Would you say that this book supersedes your previous book?

Thanks for commenting! I am trying to get figure out the proper workflow for achieving images like these:
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
11 REPLIES 11
Rakela Raul
Participant
i thought so, so as a good architect as you are, you want very professional renderings, of course.....it wouldnt be a bad idea to pay around 2000 or 3000 dls ea to represent yourself or your company properly......thx for responding
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Vitruvius
Contributor
Raul,

That's pretty much what you'd pay for a decent rendering over here as well - though in all honesty the best feature renderings are usually watercolours which run about US $5000+. Computer renderings are usually used as the supplemental images.

I still have a fondness for the older style freehand coloured marker renderings as well. Though they do tend to rely a little too much on seagulls, sailboats and perversely gleeful families!

Though, the computer rendering guys seem to have a preference for Porsches and baywatch women...

Cheers
Cameron Hestler, Architect

AC 24 & 25 (3011) / MacMini i7-8700B @ 3.2 GHz / 32GB Ram / 512GB SSD

LG Ultrafine 4K monitor 22" & 27”

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
Learn and get certified!