Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How to get the best quality sketch render into a layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha,
What is the best way to get the best quality sketch render into a layout. I'm been trying a few different ways. Each time I print out the layout the sketch rendering looks muddy. When I open the rendering in Photoshop it is obvious that I'm generating very pixelated, chunky images.
I'd like the sketch render lines to be crisp and yet sketchy--like a good artist.
I am generating the sketch renderings with the with the resolution set to 2400 dpi but the resulting rendering are very pixelated--like a poor digital reproduction.
I've tried saving the renderings a JPGs, TIFs, PSDs and PDFs.
I'm putting them back into the layout with the figure tool.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Mahalo,
John
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
johncassel wrote:
Having said that I am ready for Laszlo to come back and tell me how to get great images by saving the rendering and then placing them back into a layout with the Figure or Drawing tools.
What I meant is that after you have the rendering in the quality you want you save it in png or whatever format. Then just go to the Layout and use the Figure Tool to just place it. Is it not working for you that way?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
johncassel wrote:
Having said that I am ready for Laszlo to come back and tell me how to get great images by saving the rendering and then placing them back into a layout with the Figure or Drawing tools.
What I meant is that after you have the rendering in the quality you want you save it in png or whatever format. Then just go to the Layout and use the Figure Tool to just place it. Is it not working for you that way?
Aloha Laszlo,
Thanks, That worked great.

For some reason the Figure tool brought the saved rendering at a different dpi and size than the original rendering settings. I was able to resize the placed figure so that it appeared at it's original size and dpi. With the Drawing tool the placed rendering appeared with the original size and dpi.
Why does the Figure tool resize the rendering when I initally place it?

I now have three methods for placing renderings in Layouts.
The three methods I have are to set the view's settings.
1) Set the View's settings to Photorendering and place the view onto a layout
2) Save a rendering to a file and place it with the Drawing Tool.
3) Save a rendering to a file and place it with the Figure Tool.

I now have a couple of new questions.
1) Is there any difference in quality of the placed rendering with these three methods?
2) Is there any difference in embedded size of the placed rendering with these three methods?
3) Is there any difference in embedded size of the placed rendering depending on whether I save it as a JPG, PNG or TIFF?

I'm feeling much more proficient in creating and placing high quality sketch rendering in layouts.
Many thanks,
John

Next, I'd like to get more proficient in creating colored artistic (watercolorish) and photo realistic renderings. Can you point me to a good tutorial or lessons on how to create great renderings?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi John,

I don't know how many people will have exact info about the differences of these three methods. If none, maybe you will need to figure it out.

I would assume that there should not be any differences in quality regardless of how the rendering is placed onto the Layout.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!