Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Maxwell Render vs Lightworks vs Artlantis vs ??

Arcadia
Booster
I am a designer working almost exlusively in residential. I don't have masses of requests for high qaulity photorealistic presentation drawings but would like to get more and try and promote this aspect of my business and I have a job coming up I need to do some images for so now is the time to decide. I have got some good results from Lightworks but its slow - especailly getting the lighting right. What are the advantages/disadvantages for maxwell Render and artlantis? I'm leaning towards artlantis.

How much quicker is artlantis over lightworks?
Is the standard library of shaders/objects that comes with artlantis sufficient or will I need to spend hundreds of dollars to get the extra libraries?
Do the material and textures I have created in Archicad transfer across to artlantis?
Can I place objects in maxwell?

Any tips or help with this decision would be appreciated. I'm yet to download a demo of either program as I don't want to waste my time with the wrong one.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
12 REPLIES 12
Arcadia
Booster
Thats interesting about Maxwell - I didn't know it would run in Archicad. So it works like an installed rendering engine like Lightworks? I'm still going to stick with Lightworks for a while but I may have another look at it down the track. Cheers.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Arcadia wrote:
. So it works like an installed rendering engine like Lightworks?
absolutely.

( i also prefer your lightwork render BTW)
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Arcadia...

You can sendme the ArchiCAD file to make my proposal?.

Thanks.

Gerzaim
gerzaim@prodigy.net.mx