Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Open Doors in 3-D view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to show doors as open in the 3-D view? I think I read a post on this subject a while ago, but I can't find it.

Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, you may.
It keeps ME refreshed and practising as well
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know where should I put the code. could you show me how to choose the perspective door, and put the code in that perspective door. Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
"laszlonagy" wrote:
In ArchiCAD, you need to use the GLOB_FRAME_NR Global GDL variable in association with the gs_open_3D parameter of your Door.

Hope this helps and is not too complicated
Laszlo

What is GLOB_FRAME_NRGLOBAL GDL?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
1. select the Door on the Floor Plan or in 3D that you would like to open.
2. Open the Object for editing by File\GDl Objects\Open Object
3. Click the Master Script button so the Master Script appears.
4. At the very beginning of this script insert the script I gave you.
5. Save the changes to the Door.

Here is the info about GLOB_FRAME_NR from http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/generalparameters.html:
Name: GLOB_FRAME_NR
Old name: N_
Type: numerical (positive integer value)
Possible range: 1 and up
Returns the current frame number in animations. The variable returns a valid value only for animations. In case of still images the variable returns ‘0’ as a value.
Note: You need to enable the ‘Rebuild Model for Each Frame’ checkbox in the Create Fly-Through Dialog in order for the variable to give the correct value for each frame of the animation.

The illustration shows the field in the Create Fly-Through Dialog enabling the operation of the GLOB_FRAME_NR variable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread but i'm a bit stuck on this and wondered if anyone can help. Every time I entered Laszlo's code except once, I got a whole lot of different error messages or weird corruptions of the new object when i tried to use it. The time I did get the door to work, i got the frame numbers wrong, so the door closes too soon (see http://www.vimeo.com/19839854).

I've uploaded an A14 file to the link below, containing two pairs of doors. The doors on the left are the original unedited archicad doors. The top right door is the one edited door that worked. The bottom right door is one of many where I have inserted the same code (except sometimes with different frame numbers) in the same place (as far as I can tell - top of the master script) and got all kinds of different errors back!

If anyone can spot the difference between the two doors on the right hand side and tell me what I did wrong on the bottom one, I'd be eternally grateful. Cheers.

To download the file scroll down towards the bottom of the page the below link sends you to and hit "regular download." http://www.easy-share.com/1913863779/opening
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy, i have an additional question related to this topic. i have followed your instructions below to get doors to open in my fly-thru. thanks for the excellent instructions and code. i am trying to add some addition animation to my model. specifically i have a Murphy bed that is shown in the vertical position (current modeled as a slab. i also have an object that will work too.) what i want to do is have the bed fold down from a vertical or 90 degree position, to a horizontal or 0 degree position, during my fly-thru. how can i do this? thx in advance
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brian

I'm guessing here, but i think if you replace every instance of "gs_open_3D" in Laszlo's code with "ROTX" to rotate your bed around the x-axis or "ROTY" to rotate around the y-axis, that should do the trick.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Guys, looks like there are some solutions to these problems in this other thread:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=184322#184322
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies, got it figured out. you guys are the best!