Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Photorendering - shadows sometimes, sometimes not

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've setup 5 exterior views of a project, and each view has the exact same rendering settings (Internal rendering engine) with shadow casting on. When I run the rendering, some of the views have shadows and some do not. I understand I may be on the sunny side of the building (and maybe there won't be shadows) but the eaves etc. should be casting some shadows in those views. Even on two very close views, one has shadows and one does not.

Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Example...
Anonymous
Not applicable
No shadows?
Anonymous
Not applicable
And again it happened, I ran the exact same rendering view twice, one right after the other. One had shadows and one did not.

Dwight??????
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nobody??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this a stupid question and that's why no one is answering, or have I just stumped everyone?
Karl Ottenstein
Sounds like none of us have experienced this... so maybe a question for tech support...?

When you view the same camera position in OpenGL with sun shadows enabled ... do you see the shadows? Maybe post a screenshot of the correct shadows in OpenGL vs the missing shadows in the render and then a screenshot of your rendering settings?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for responding Karl. I think I'll try tech support.

I do see the shadows when I enable them in the 3D Window settings.

The sun shadows are disabled in my Open GL 3D window settings, but enabled in my photorenering settings. Some photorenderings show them, and sometimes they don't.