BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Render engine doesn't work

est_h
Participant

Hello, I'm having a problem when I'm trying to render. When I try to render my computer just freezes and after a few minutes, when the render is "finished" is comes out like this (see the picture attached). I don't know why it won't go over the "preparing" phase. First I thought it was a file problem and I tried rebuiding my project in another file. The mesh was rendering fine, but when I added a the buildings ( made with slab tool) it won't render any more. I didn't have this problem with other projects before. Do you have any ideea what can be the bug?

note: I did not make any setting to the render, I tried the arhicad default ones just to see if it renders or not

Thank you!

Operating system used: Windows

20242902 - Picture.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

What are your machine specifications?

What Archicad version and do you have the latest update installed?

Does the hard drive that contains the Archicad program have plenty of free space?

If you pace a small marquee and render just that marquee area, does that work.

Maybe even limit the 3D model with a marquee to isolate specific areas of the model.

Try different areas and different size marquees.

i.e. try to locate where the problem may be - bad geometry in the model or complex connections?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

It was something about the geometry. The mesh didn't like some solid element operation, but if I canceled the intersection it worked just fine.

Thank you

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!