Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
Stress Co_
Advisor
Sightline wrote:
Here is a photomontage I did for an addition.
I like it.
What techniques/software did you use?
Would you post the "before" photo?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Sightline
Contributor
Hi Stress Co. Thanks for your comments. I used ArchiCAD + Cinema 4D + Vray + Photoshop.

Here is the original picture
Vars_Before.jpg
Diego Torres
Architect-CG Artist
Architectural Concepts and Visualizations
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 24
http://www.sightline3d.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sightline wrote:
Hi Stress Co. Thanks for your comments. I used ArchiCAD + Cinema 4D + Vray + Photoshop.

Here is the original picture
Thanks for posting Sightline. C4D + Vray? I am assuming the rendering took place in C4D (correct me if I'm wrong), If this is the case, what was Vray used for?

The images look great by the way
Sightline
Contributor
Junior,

I am glad you like the images. I simply love what I do

I use Cinema 4D for the scene set up... all ambient elements: trees, sky, backgrounds, people, cars and cameras.

You need Cinema 4D, due to the fact that Vray does not work as stand alone software.

Vray is the render engine and is deeply integrated within Cinema 4D. As in all render engines, the materials, lights and physical camera are part of said engine. These have to be balanced to achieve realism in the scene. Finally, you tweak the render settings... and render.

Regards,

Diego
Diego Torres
Architect-CG Artist
Architectural Concepts and Visualizations
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 24
http://www.sightline3d.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, this is my first post on the forum so I would like to warmly greet everyone.

I submit a few images I've been working on for the last few months. It's my graduation project on architectural studies. Images show a concepts of conference centre and government building planned in one of the cities in Poland.

I've been using Archicad since 10.0 version during the studies and it has become my standard modelling/technical drawing tool. For this visualizations I've also used external 3D software - Blender, where I've exported all geometry, textured it and added materials. Renders were done using GPU based engine - Octane render. There were also quite much of post production in each image done by using standard Photoshop tools.

Hope You enjoy watching

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are some Maxwell and Modo renderings from ArchiCAD.

I have recently launched a new rendering company called Visualize It Built. VIB supports ArchiCAD firms looking to augment their rendering capabilities without the heavy investment in hardware, software and dedicated skills.

The road to better rendering from ArchiCAD has never been smoother with the advent of applications like Maxwell and Modo. Both of which we use regularly for rendering as well as modeling and animation (in Modo). Most architecture firms don't quite want to invest beyond ArchiCAD's built-in rendering capabilities. Visualize It Built allows architects to outsource renderings from an ArchiCAD model on an "as-needed" basis rather than maintaining the overhead necessary for in-house photorealistic rendering.

We can also take advantage of Teamwork 2 to work in parallel with the design team so that adjustments to textures and modeled elements can remain within the shared file.

Hopefully, there may be some users out there that we can help. Please check out more renderings using ArchiMaxwell and Modo on the new site. http://www.visualizeitbuilt.com

And now for some images.....

Work in progress.

Something I would like to say about some of the long Maxwell Render times I saw posted here. There can be all kinds of reasons why the render takes longer to clear. I have done some renderings in 30 min. that look better than some I did in 3 hrs. The users skill with the material and the program make a huge difference.

Below are some 30 min +/- SL10 renders on my old machine. They have only the default material and some glass just to add a little more interest to these "clay" models that are used mainly as a geometry check. That, and I did have a little fun with the sun on to see how little light you can have and still get a good clear render.

From this stage, I will add some detail, fix some problems, and then start adding in materials one by one. In the past I have added them all at one time and then had trouble finding which ones were not optimized for speed

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Always good to see what people are doing in other parts of the world and the different styles related to that.

How do you upload images to appear as big as this. I've tried uploading attachments under the 256 limit but the detail and resolution are lost so its hardly worth doing.

Cheers
Thomas Holm
Booster
The images are not uploaded to the forum, they are linked in from an external server. This is generally NOT a good idea, since in can make it very difficult for people with slow connections to access this thread.
If you're not satisfied with the quality of the pictures you can upload, it's better to give a link to an external site than to link the pictures in directly.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
GRIMALDI wrote:
Always good to see what people are doing in other parts of the world and the different styles related to that.

How do you upload images to appear as big as this. I've tried uploading attachments under the 256 limit but the detail and resolution are lost so its hardly worth doing.

Cheers
http://imageshack.us/

It's free.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25