Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another measure of complexity is to look at the size of the temp folder when the full model is displayed in the 3D window.
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Out of curiosity, I just now reloaded the Polycount add-on. It gives me 48,407 polygons for a test model in ArchiCAD. Artlantis reports 113,270 triangles for the same model exported from ArchiCAD. Perhaps the ArchiCAD model gets exploded somehow on its way into Artlantis?
This makes sense, since a cube in ArchiCAD gives us a polygon count of 6 (6 sides). In Artlantis, each surface is divided into triangles (when possible), so the same cube, will have 12 triangles (each 4 sided surface will have a triangle count of 2. At least the wording is different enough to assume that it is counting geometries differently.
Anonymous
Not applicable
junior wrote:
@quiet mike:
Fantastic! What version of ArchiCAD did you use to model the cathedral? Were any add-ons/plug-ins used ...e.g. Objective?

Thanks for sharing
I think it was done in AC14 ... This was when I had AC15 in the wings but was waiting for Maxwell to catch up before I upgraded to it. No add-ons or plug-ins needed. I just found an elevation online to use as a guide, and modelled sections 'flat' slabs in AC, then saved as an object and reimported as uprights.
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
quiet wrote:
This reminded me of an exercise I did last year....
Very Nice! I think the creation of computer models of historic structures should be part of every architectural student's education. Its amazing what you learn doing these things, because you're actually building the thing from the ground up at full scale. It would be completely obvious that those huge windows at the King's Bollege Bambridge Chapel (weren't we doing Pythonisms somewhere else here recently?) are only made possible by the massive buttresses. Laying down the foundations to those buttresses at full scale gives you a tremendous sense of the loading forces involved, as well as tremendous respect for the original mastermasons.
It's a grand idea. I would love to model a section of a local cathedral, say Winchester or Salisbury, from the foundations up.
ArchiTAD
Newcomer
Been playing around with ArchiCAD 15 to Artlantis 4.1 with Maxwell Render (MR) for a couple of days.

I've attached an image that was modeled in ArchiCAD 15, exported to Artlantis 4.1 and rendered using the trial Maxwell Render Engine. This rendering is into it's 25th hour, and counting, of rendering time (Sampling Level: eight) and it's looking tons better that what I was acheiving in 4.1, which I was quite pleased with. The MR engine addition really takes things to a much higher, but slower, level.

BTW: I can't get the HDRI background to look the same when I render in 4.1 and MR—does anyone know why this is so? Also, the "Background" slider doesn't seem to do anything—does anyone know/understand it's functionality?

Tom
Lowell Place Rendering • Artlantis 4.1 • Maxwell Render.jpg
Thomas A Dailey, CPBD, AIBD, Assoc. AIA
www.designdailey.com
ArchiCAD • 25+ years experience
AC …20, Sketchup Pro 2016, Artlantis Studio 6 Piranisi 6 PRO, VectorWorks, Adobe CC, 27" iMacs, G4 Cube, Mac OS 10.12.5, iPad Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate
ArchiTAD
Newcomer
…and another view.

I've set my Rendering Time to 10000 minutes and Sampling Level to 25—should be interesting to see the final image. Every Sampling Level reduces the "noise/grain" levels, replicates pre-digital film technology—quite fun, but s---l---o---w!!!!

Tom
Lowell Place Rendering • Artlantis 4.1 • Maxwell Render • View 2.jpg
Thomas A Dailey, CPBD, AIBD, Assoc. AIA
www.designdailey.com
ArchiCAD • 25+ years experience
AC …20, Sketchup Pro 2016, Artlantis Studio 6 Piranisi 6 PRO, VectorWorks, Adobe CC, 27" iMacs, G4 Cube, Mac OS 10.12.5, iPad Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCad 15 modell rendering in Maxwell render 2.7.1, time about 12 hours (3500x2500px)
small_test.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Haven't posted here for a long time!
This is an interior design project I did several months ago. AC+Max+VRay+Photoshop.
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Bones" Architecture
Morph + Artlantis + Dragon
kliment wrote:
Haven't posted here for a long time!
This is an interior design project I did several months ago. AC+Max+VRay+Photoshop.
Thanks for posting that Kliment . Very good work.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25