Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
Anonymous
Not applicable
About 3 days to build.
The cherries were a Sketchup download. They are max-smoothed in Art•lantis. I was running out of time.

The Set went in up in about three days.
Ed wrote:
Final Back-Bar rendering for the Tiki Bar I posted months ago.
Done entirely in AC15 w/ Lightworks rendering engine.
AC15????????????

Typo or Beta tester?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Beta Testing. You can get in on it here in the forums. There are some drawbacks. Not all the plug-ins are available. But the 64 Bit render engine rocks on my 8 core Mac.
Ed wrote:
Beta Testing. You can get in on it here in the forums. There are some drawbacks. Not all the plug-ins are available. But the 64 Bit render engine rocks on my 8 core Mac.

So I guess we could take that to mean that we're still stuck with the archaic and poorly or half-implemented Lightworks as the default render engine even in AC15.

Still early days I guess, but already not looking too good.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been saying that AC15 should be a hotfix to the mess that was AC14 and not a full price upgrade. There has been a lot of 'bait and switch' particularly on the MAC side.
Ed wrote:
I've been saying that AC15 should be a hotfix to the mess that was AC14 and not a full price upgrade. There has been a lot of 'bait and switch' particularly on the MAC side.
Coming from a beta-tester, that does not sound good at all.

It almost sounds like AC15 is going to be a clean-up version that corrects all the messes of the previous version (ala how v9/v8.1 was a clean-up for the mess that was ACv8.0) rather than an actual new full-featured release.

I don't think too many people will be thrilled about paying a full fee for what is essentially a hotfix to the previous version - especially since for most users (read: non-big-fish, non-corporate customers) the last 2 or 3 versions have essentially been "hotfix" versions.

I also hope GS don't come after you for violating any NDA.
jespizua
Newcomer
To me sounds like Ed is testing the public x64 bits beta for Mac OsX, which as far as I now, have not implemented any new AC 15 feature, just the new core for 64 Bits within Mac.

But I could be wrong.

José
osx 10.14 | archicad 22 | cinema4d 18 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are correct. This is the public beta.
Karl Ottenstein
Ed wrote:
You are correct. This is the public beta.
Let me clarify for those coming across this thread that Ed did not use AC 15. Nor did he use a beta version - Graphisoft does not have a public beta program.

Ed is not talking about a beta version, nor of any version of ArchiCAD 15 (none of which are announced). Rather, he has been using a "Preview" of a 64 bit version of ArchiCAD 14 for Mac that was announced last August here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=33258

That post is in a dedicated sub-forum for this 64 bit Mac AC 14 preview version.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Ed wrote:
Again, you have not seen AC 15, Ed. The feature set for AC 15 is under close wraps until it is announced, but it will be far more than a hotfix to 14, which continues to receive hotfixes for known issues.

Cheers,
Karl

PS All of this nomenclature aside: what wonderful images you have posted here!
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB