Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
Anonymous
Not applicable
Impressive work Bricklyne Clarence!
How did you manage to have gradiental fills (soft shadows) on the drawings (elevations and plans)? Did you add them in archicad or perhaps photoshop?
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Great renderings are posted here....

And Brickyine I second Soul, Great work , could you give us more informations about:

- The entourage on the exterior views ( especially the trees) ..
.and the maxwell render rendering time(s) compared to vray.
-What do you use for post-production ? any specific filter ?

Thanks
AC12_27 |Win11_64bit|
Soul wrote:
How did you manage to have gradiental fills (soft shadows) on the drawings (elevations and plans)? Did you add them in archicad or perhaps photoshop?

Thanks,

The gradient fills were manually done just in the Elevation windows in ArchiCAD using dedicated layers and transparency (window background) in conjunction with ArchiCAD shadow turned on.

It's just a question of knowing how soft shadows fall on surfaces that are only partly lit of even completely lit by light. A lot of cues are taken from classical drawing and painting methods and techniques (Leornardo Da vinci's 'Chiaroscuro' and 'sfumato', for example). Alternatievely you can observe how it happens with the renders or with photographs from real life.

But it wasn't necessary to do anything in Photoshop; even though I do wish ArchiCAD's gradient fill had two-sided fills and multiple color fills and generally more options like Photoshop's gradient tool does.
TMA_80 wrote:
Great renderings are posted here....

And Brickyine I second Soul, Great work , could you give us more informations about:

- The entourage on the exterior views ( especially the trees) ..
.and the maxwell render rendering time(s) compared to vray.
-What do you use for post-production ? any specific filter ?

Thanks

Thanks,

For the exterior views, as I mentioned, those were done in 3ds Max with VRay, and the primary reason for that is because of it's ability to handle high polycount scenes with a lot of geometry for one thing, and then Vray's ability to turn a lot of those high poly objects into "Proxies" which can be instanced and multiplied through out the scene without overloading your computer during render.
In this case I used about 3-5 models of Fir and Pine tree models turned into proxies and then scattered in the surrounding site.
Unfortunately the Fir and Pine models were really High resolution and heavy with a lot of detail so even with the Proxies, each exterior image averaged between 5-8 hours each.
I did a batch render of about 8-10 exterior views and let it run on a computer that was not being used for about one and half to 2 days.

I suppose I could have gotten them doen faster if I used bitmap billboards (2D planes) but since I was doing overhead renders in some cases those would have looked really bad and taken longer to set up for each specific scene.

The interior views were a combination of Maxwell and Artlantis.
Maxwell primarily because it's light quality is unmatched, and also the direct ArchiCAD plugin allows you to render directly from your ArchicAD 3D window and taking advantage of the marquee tool to limit the render to only the geometry you want to render. As for render times it's kind of hard to say, because I would have about 2-3 renders running on the same computer I was working on (another great thing about Maxwell - rendering on low priority which allows you to continue using your computer while it renders in the background) and at times I would reduce cPU affinity for each rendering process to 1 core each as I used the rest for ArchiCAD. So that probably made it run slower.
But overall I let them run for about 4-5 days as I was working and then used Maxwell's multi-light to extract night views and different lighting condition render views.

Artlantis was much fast taking about an hour to 2 or 3 per render depending on the view.

As for post-production it was specifically in Photoshop obviously and for some of the effects like Chromatic Abberation, vignetting and light streaks I used Digital Film Tools' 55mm v7.5 suite of filters - although I have also recently developed a liking for the freeware Motiva Realcamera postprocessing tool.
But I also took advantage of Vray's new camera bloom and glare that allows you to composite it as a seperate layer in Photoshop and control how much using layers.
Other than that it was just curves and levels in photoshop.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne wrote:
Soul wrote:

Thanks,

The gradient fills were manually done just in the Elevation windows in ArchiCAD using dedicated layers and transparency (window background) in conjunction with ArchiCAD shadow turned on.

It's just a question of knowing how soft shadows fall on surfaces that are only partly lit of even completely lit by light. A lot of cues are taken from classical drawing and painting methods and techniques (Leornardo Da vinci's 'Chiaroscuro' and 'sfumato', for example). Alternatievely you can observe how it happens with the renders or with photographs from real life.

But it wasn't necessary to do anything in Photoshop; even though I do wish ArchiCAD's gradient fill had two-sided fills and multiple color fills and generally more options like Photoshop's gradient tool does.

Thank you again for the good advice, it is much appreciated!
Sightline
Booster
Nice jobs Bricklyne Clarence and Raul!

I am experimenting with a new kind of light, atmosphere, sky and 3D grass

Best,

Diego T.
Diego Torres
Architect-CG Artist
Architectural Concepts and Visualizations
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 24
http://www.sightline3d.com
Sightline
Booster
This one is a segment of a digital watercolor.

Diego Torres
Architect-CG Artist
Architectural Concepts and Visualizations
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 24
http://www.sightline3d.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice digital watercolor, Sightline!

What did you use for the postprocess? Piranesi?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The previous renderings posted make me hesitant to post one of my latest but here goes. This is a night shot of a church in the design phase.
Church-4.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
It must be night time. I can't see anything.