Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Take a look

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I created this little scene and rendered it lastnight, I can't believe that a Lightworks novice like me can create such real life images so quickly.

Graphisoft has done an incredible job with 9.0 and lightworks.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

test1.jpg
117 REPLIES 117
Dwight
Newcomer
This is lively and strong.

Put a little more texture into the walls and yellow-up the light a little and you are done.

Tell us a little about the setup, because many users [from all the whining we hear] would have trouble making this scene......

is the glass frosty or is there just no background?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I used the sun object as well as a sky object at 60% intensity, 10 Lights.

I also used window lights which took a while to figure out, on all windows. The small window has an intensity of 100%, the curtain wall has an intensity of 82%. You can tell the difference.

I used one of the shaders from Lw for the floor, I didn't change any of the settings.

Oh yeah the sun is set at a low angle in order to get the long shadows.

I think that's about it.

It did take like 2 hours to render and I don't have a slow computer, not the fastest either though.

Dwight, how do you suggest I texturize the walls, and yellow up the light????
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also no background, the windows are clear.

ps. I'm more than willing to help anyone who may have any questions or may need some guidance in setting up a similar scene.

Just send me a message.

I owe this site big time, everyday I learn like 20 new things from you guys.
Dwight
Newcomer
In your wall material, add roughness - displacement - like .01 for everything.sort of like a plaster wall would be - anything but slick.

as for the yellow, just change the light color to a warm tint.

In addition, make the windolite aligned with the sun the same yellow as the sun and the opposing windolite cool - light blue.

It is important always to mix opposing warms and cools to keep a space dynamic.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
as for time to render - since you only have one reflection going on you could back off from best quality - fewer rays traced....
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's my 2D Layout.

Does it make much of a difference how high the sun object is off the ground???

Does it make much of a difference where you actually place the sun object in the drawing???

Or is everything controlled by Azimuth and sun angle???

Thanks
Layout.jpg
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This is a very nice rendering mate and what's more impressive is that you are willing to help others achieve the success you have.

A great solution may be to zip up a PLA of the project and upload it, if you don't mind giving it away. That will allow people to get in and play around.

I'd even be interested in playing with it and seeing what you've done. Especially after you've made the changes that Dwight is suggesting.

Good work!

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
regarding render time - that is way too much - you have got your sun and sky object resolution set to the maximum, I bet, try backing off to half of what you presently have. These number are exponential.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the actual pla file, I tried to saved it as an archive and zipped it, but file was too large to upload, so here is the actual file.

I would love to see any variations that you guys may add to the file.

Dwight I would love for you to have a go at it.

Also let me know how long it takes to render, I seriously think it may be my computer.

Good Luck