Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Take a look

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I created this little scene and rendered it lastnight, I can't believe that a Lightworks novice like me can create such real life images so quickly.

Graphisoft has done an incredible job with 9.0 and lightworks.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

test1.jpg
117 REPLIES 117
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a very handy feature, well worth the meagre explanation time.
In render settings, de-select the 'save' settings & enable multi-pass rendering instead. You can enable any number of effects layers to be separated, but personally I select:
RGBA image (base image layer), Shadow & Radiosity.
Format to Photoshop (PSD)...
Upon opening the rendered image in photoshop you will find the three separate layers ready to edit individually, or for you to perform whatever post processing you desire. ie: softening the shadow layer, multiplying (by duplicating) the radiosity, etc... Personally, I just about always duplicate the radiosity layer & colourize through hue/saturation to nice warm tones, & tweak the shadow density until I'm happy...
Have fun, & let me know if you find anything new !

Justin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is Justin's image showing the layer control you can have with each render. I think you can do this type of control with animations too. It requires some Adobe application, can't think of the name right now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the Shadow layer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
And finally the C4D r9.1 dialog for Multi-Pass Rendering.
MULTI_LAYERS.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep,
Rendering insurance it sure is, thx for posting that for me Mark.
This technique allows you to tweak the image in ways not possible if it were just a single layered pic, & if you're as pedantic as I am, could save you hours of re-rendering time.
Also, you can drop the accuracy setting down to lower render times, & with some quick air-brushing of the radiosity layer, have an acceptable image in much shorter time...

Hope this helps.
Justin
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Thought I would give the pla file a go with Strata CX. Feel free to comment.

The glass textures are from a project I did a while back. They have a bump map in them to try and recreate the distortion you see in glass. The floor texture is actually a procedural texture (planks with nails and grain) and "multiplied" with a straight forward texture map I had. Strata CX lets you layer textures in a similar way to Photoshop.

The walls (following Dwight's advice elsewhere) have a texture map using the noise filter in photoshop. I've actually used a different one on the right hand wall to see what it looked like. To be honest I prefer the wall on the left.

This is a radiosity rendering using a built-in sky dome and one point light source. It took 3hrs 20 mins to render at 800x600
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guess which rendering program was used for this image.

http://www.cgnetworks.com/story_custom.php?story_id=2813&page=

Dwight
Newcomer
wow.

Just another example of what Mama said:
"Everybody sees how well you did. They never ask how long it took."

I wouldn't let you fool me with a photo again, so I checked.
Dwight Atkinson
David Collins
Advocate
Gosh. That's certainly one way to reduce the polygon count!
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Dwight
Newcomer
Just a bunch of dots.

A startling achievement. I can't imagine tht anyone could do it.

I would hesitate to touch the hem of his garment.
Dwight Atkinson