Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Take a look

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I created this little scene and rendered it lastnight, I can't believe that a Lightworks novice like me can create such real life images so quickly.

Graphisoft has done an incredible job with 9.0 and lightworks.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

test1.jpg
117 REPLIES 117
Dwight
Newcomer
evidence of oversampling - see windows too many lites at "3" rediuced to "1"
oversampling.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
two hours for how many pixels?
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
and your ambient?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
600x404 300 dpi

100% ambient

The settings should all be in the file.
Dwight
Newcomer
thanks.

this is a hard one. I am not happy with my results. you ae either talented or lucky.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Dwight wrote:
you are either talented or lucky.
Or perhaps both? 😉

Karl

PS Why of why would someone with 9.0 use the W1 Casement 70 part from the 7.0 library?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
did you get a missing fill aggro, too?
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
i just discovered an interesting thing about the windolite.

if you slide the intensity up and down, it changes the number of light sources. hmmm.

There's the explanation for the long rendering time - window light intensity.....
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Yeah, I had a missing texture too ... no big deal there though.
Dwight wrote:
i just discovered an interesting thing about the windolite.

if you slide the intensity up and down, it changes the number of light sources. hmmm.

There's the explanation for the long rendering time - window light intensity.....
Yes, I discovered this peculiar relationship between intensity and number of lights some time ago. It is very frustrating, and I'm thinking of modifying the GDL since I really don't want this behavior. (Also, want a fill covering the light 'rectangle' when I rotate it flat to shoot up at the ceiling so that I can select it with magnetic arrow tool.)

Now, the interesting thing from my end is that this image renders in 2 minutes flat at best/best with the lights per window light somewhat reduced and the sun reduced to 3 lights.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
about the same time for me....
Dwight Atkinson