Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

elevation shadows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Regarding elevations made in the "own material color -non-shaded" mode:

Is it possible to have an object (for example a column) cast shadows, but not receive them?

I need to cheat the shadows in order to show a color scheme, but I don't like the own material color -shaded mode)

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This topic was recently discussed here.

To answer your question, no there is no way to set an element not to receive shadows AFAIK. You'd probably have to set the Elevation Status to Drawing and manually delete the shadow(s).

Cheater.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
render twice.
the second with what ever is casting the shadow removed.
then cut and paste.
or...
add a fill light source to the shaded areas.
or....
change the ambient setting for the shaded material.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Jill wrote:
Regarding elevations made in the "own material color -non-shaded" mode:

Is it possible to have an object (for example a column) cast shadows, but not receive them?

I need to cheat the shadows in order to show a color scheme, but I don't like the own material color -shaded mode)!
Set "Vectorial sun shadow" On, and Custom sun angles, to get shadows and colors unchanged when not shadowed in the "own material color -non-shaded" mode.

Certain library objects (see pic) have a shadow parameter that can be turned off, but I think it only affects shadow casting, not receiving. I haven't tested that aspect.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1