Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

export from AC18 to C4D help?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've just upgraded to AC18 from 12, so have a lot of things to catch up on. I was motivated by CineRender, and the possible link to C4D.

However, I'm having trouble finding out how to export to C4D. The Reference Guide says, "If you want to continue working on your model with additional Cinema4D functions, use File > File Special > Export to Cinema 4D." But, there is no such command at that location (v. 3006 USA FULL), regardless of what window I'm in; plan, 3D, or render? Is there some switch somewhere, or an add-on required?

Thanks, in advance, for any clarification.

Doug
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
A lot has changed since 12 .
Are you using a default 18 work environment?
Also, there is a newer version, 4020, of archicad so check for updates under the Help menu.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erika

I thought the recently downloaded version would have been current. I am now up to date. But the problem persists. No "Export to Cinema4D"? No Cinema4D in "save as" anymore, either? I also checked the add-on manager, and everything is on, but no mention of C4D?

I did let 18 load in default work environment, although I'm working on editing to my preferences now.

I have been following the interim upgrades closely, watching videos, playing with demos, but my small projects didn't warrant some of the heavy lifting. Now, the detailing assistance, as well as CineRender, made me step up.

As always, lots to learn.

Doug
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi, Check that the 'Export to Cinema 4D" is available in your work environment. If not, perhaps a reinstall using the repair feature.
Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 9.30.53 AM.png
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika

I did finally find and install the Cinema4D exchange plug-in from the ArchiCAD website.(Thought it would have been in Goodies package?)

"Export to Cinema4D" is (now) in the work environment menus.

And it appears in the "Save As" file options, so I will go there when I have some time.

Still didn't appear in the File Special menu as mentioned in the Reference Guide, so not sure if this is the most integrated version.

Also discovered another commercial add-on, "Din3D Importer"; cost 89 Euro, if I remember correctly. Vendor acted as if it was more robust managing content exchange.

This is not my top priority, so will progress as I get time. Will watch here for other insights. Thanks for your assistance.

Anyone with hands on experience with Din3D, please chime in. (or, should that be a new thread?)

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
In case anyone else is following this, I subsequently found this information for "CINEMA 4D Exchange" in the Add-Ons Manager.

This add-on exports CINEMA 4D files with extra information for ArchiCAD objects, and merges back the modified CINEMA 4D data to GSM objects. So you can simply make renders with CINEMA 4D or create organic GDL objects for your project.
Locations in the user interface:
Design / Design Extras / CINEMA 4D Exchange
Open / CINEMA 4D File
Merge / CINEMA 4D File
Save as 3D / CINEMA 4D File

I also found this for the demo version of "Din3D File Exporter".

Din3D Exporter
Exports the 3D model (the geometry and the attributes) as Din3D files.
Support: support@din3d.net
Locations in the user interface:
File / Din3D Exporter
Save as 3D / Din3D File
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Doug,

Probably, you've already found the "Export to Cinema 4D" command as well but for those who didn't read the below article yet I want to mention that the location of the "Export to Cinema 4D" command is at the drop-down menu next to Render button on the PhotoRendering palette.
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/tips/archicad-18-undocumented-features/#Location_of_the_Export_to_C...