Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Double Doors - Main Door Panel vs Proportion

MMontgomery
Enthusiast
Is using 'Main Door Panel' in the door Panel Size more common in usage than 50% 'Proportion' so as to keep it the default setting for double doors?

My Wish is to set the default to 50% 'Proportion' instead of 'Main Door Panel' on the double doors.

Unless I eyedropper an existing door that is setup correctly, when I adjust the width of a newly placed double door, I have to change the Door setting from 'Main Door Panel' to 'Proportion' and set it at 50% every single time I use a double door library part.

I've never needed a 'Main Door Panel' where one door is larger than the other. This would speed up productivity by a factor of 1.83%

I consider it Essential because it should be a simple change to the code and would increase productivity by a fraction, but an increase nonetheless.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good wish, I also have always use the 50% proportion so far, is less common using a double door with different size per panel.

Don't forget to vote for your wish.
Barry Kelly
Set up a favourite for yourself that has the correct settings and use that whenever you need this door.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn't there a similar problem when you have a door and sidescreen?

If you reduce the total width then the door gets smaller, whereas logically you would rather reduce the width of the sidescreen.