Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

New landscape [terrain mesh] tool [wish]

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would really love if the whole landscape modelling tool in Archicad could have a new look and tool set.

We are modelling in AC and making visualizations in 3DS MAx and we can actually not use the landscape from Archicad for Anything after model is importet than delete it.

It would be nice if it was possible to be able to make smooth landscapes and can adjust the polycount number with a slider or something. So you can keep it at a low poly count when working in AC with the project but when you export it you can raise the number of polygons to make the landscape smooth and perfect for MAX as an example or other Softwares.

It should include some tools to easy create roads, curbs, paths, lakes and so on.

It could also be amazing to have the ability to select areas that are with a high number of polygons and then outer areas that could have a low poly count.

I have a lot of ideas... 🙂

I really hope this could be some thing Graphisoft does something with in the years to come because this has really always been a huge lack of the software.
20 REPLIES 20
R Muller
Enthusiast
RE: "Our focus is architecture; we are not interested in roads and earthworks and sewers."

The design of land forms, particularly as they relate to our buildings, IS Architecture! We shouldn't expect artistic vision from the civil engineers. The mesh, with associated SEO operations, is the best way to visualize this design in ArchiCAD. Meshes are also good for nominally "flat" areas to work out details of wheelchair-accessible areas that must connect to a number of different external elevations.

We need Improvement in two very different areas:

1. Tools to develop and show our evolving earthwork designs in 3D.

2. The ability to send topographic documentation to our engineering consultants in a way that they can easily read it and incorporate our designs into their engineering documentation, using their own civil engineering software.
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey