Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

reserve stuff - hoping for consistency

Patrick M
Advisor

would love to be able to:
reserve element settings in element settings
reserve layout book in layout book settings
reserve view settings in view settings

reserve drawing settings in drawing settings
reserve publisher set in publisher set (yeah, I know the right click option, but there ought to be a button... saving me a q&a session for 2 second answers here and there would be great for user confidence)
reserve placed instances of HLM's in HLM manager

I'm sure there are a few I'm missing

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
2 REPLIES 2
Josh Verran
Expert

Great suggestion, and very relatable.

Only yesterday I meticulously went through a complex object applying numerous settings, only to realise at the end that the OK button was greyed out as I hadn't reserved first. 😅😫😑

I'm always the one in the office stressing the importance of reserving first, but caught myself out on that one.
Even greying out all settings in addition to the OK button might be a helpful step.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER | LinkedIn | My Top Wishes

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

Perth, Australia and Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)

one thing I've found to get around this UI shortcoming; you can save the settings as a favorite, then cancel, then reserve the element and apply the favorite to it. Such a convoluted work around, I'd never suggest it as a regular solution, but for the competent user, it gets us by

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!