Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
gaba
Booster

Whenever I model terrain, I dream of an additional feature that would be useful, e.g. for convenient cutting of roads, various surfaces (etc.) in the terrain mesh, so that it would then also be visible in cross-sections (e.g. by using SEO operations). This is a mesh of a given thickness: 

meshthickness.png

6 Comments
strangeday
Booster

Hello,

I've also been waiting a long time for this kind of evolution of the mesh tool(instead of using the mesh to roof add-on), in addition it would be great if we could choose a composite structure as well as a building material!(..........who knows if one day we will have this joy of seeing it in practice🤣🤣)

nonpertutti
Contributor

I also had a similar wish. In my idea would be also great to have composite structures with the last one set to infinite. That would allow to get detailed section of the ground (e.g. roads) independently from the height of the Mesh, which may vary in the project if the terrain is very sloped.

Homescu Ciprian
Visitor

As a workaround for this I make a copy of the mesh, elevate it and use it as an operator to subtract from the original mesh. Quite the waste of time. Please make a constant setting. 

ricarc
Booster

I agree with you. 

marco conti
Contributor

Yes, really usefull, constant thickness and use with composite structure!!!

4hotshoes
Advisor

I would love it if Graphisoft could include the plug-in LAND4 Archicad. It is amazing for site plans and modeling. I worked with the developer and offered USA site data to work in US units and data. They have developed a V.2 that does this. Unfortunately, I have no current need for the app. But you could import survey data, and it would build a very good contour model. You can easily add roads and walks on a slope, and it will adjust the contours for you. Building elevations will show the 2D line of the intersecting contours. It is super easy to learn and work with. Also, you can convert the 3D site model to a Mesh and back again with a click. The development team was very personable and wanted to be helpful. It's not expensive for a one-year license ($630) that floats on a network.

https://www.land4cad.com/land4-for-archicad/

Status
Upvoted

with 104 Votes

Additional Information
Labels: