cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

gaba
Booster

Whenever I model terrain, I dream of an additional feature that would be useful, e.g. for convenient cutting of roads, various surfaces (etc.) in the terrain mesh, so that it would then also be visible in cross-sections (e.g. by using SEO operations). This is a mesh of a given thickness: 

meshthickness.png

13 Comments
ricarc
Booster

I agree with you. 

marco conti
Contributor

Yes, really usefull, constant thickness and use with composite structure!!!

4hotshoes
Advisor

I would love it if Graphisoft could include the plug-in LAND4 Archicad. It is amazing for site plans and modeling. I worked with the developer and offered USA site data to work in US units and data. They have developed a V.2 that does this. Unfortunately, I have no current need for the app. But you could import survey data, and it would build a very good contour model. You can easily add roads and walks on a slope, and it will adjust the contours for you. Building elevations will show the 2D line of the intersecting contours. It is super easy to learn and work with. Also, you can convert the 3D site model to a Mesh and back again with a click. The development team was very personable and wanted to be helpful. It's not expensive for a one-year license ($630) that floats on a network.

https://www.land4cad.com/land4-for-archicad/

Status
Upvoted

with 122 Votes

Additional information
Product
Labels