Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

snow
Rockstar

Hello together,

Of course, I'm not the first one who writes and "wishes" something in these realms.

But I miss different story-levels and height for different buildings in the same project so yearningly.

Earlier the slogan of Archicad was always: 'The program knows stories, floors'.

Today I liked so much to say 'Archicad knows buildings'.

46 Comments

I will also bump this one - not because I think that we need to copy Revit but rather that we need to find a better, more flexible solution.

We need to be able to set up general information entities/groups/systems which can be different buildings or part of buildings and we need to be able to set up multiple coordinate systems with free reference levels which can be for different buildings or part of buildings.  is a related wish for the later.

ARCFLO
Contributor

This needs to be incorporated.

vdentello
Advocate

I gotta say we need at least something like sub-levels
For example, I could have Second Floor Finish level and second floor relative ceiling level. 
That'd be wonderful. Could also handle different floor levels.

Different buildings with separate non-related levels within the same model would also be the dream.

I think the key here is not to have an infitnite amount of reference levels (like Revit) but ratehr a working solution for mezzanines, half-levels, entry-levels or situations where the building itself has different levels that don't necessarily follow a strict whole-floor-to-whole-floor setup.

vdentello
Advocate

Good point. Revit extra reference levels add up to the IFC levels exported, when their tick box is marked, which makes very hard to maintain links/ references.

Status
Upvoted

with 81 Votes

Additional information