Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle tracking

TimATAD
Contributor

We work in the motor industry and part of our work involves using vehicle tracking software in 2D & 3D. Currently we have to have a full version of AutoCAD to run AutoTURN.

https://autoturnonline.com/integrated/

Why does Graphisoft not have a plug in for something like this? Using library tracking curves is not enough.

Can Graphisoft advise why they don’t have a link to a dedicated tool, this must be a requirement of other designers. The inclusion of this would mean that we could remove the need for AutoCAD completely.

We look forward to your help on this.

14 Comments
Paul King
Mentor

The CI tools tracking curve objects are still available to subscribers, and work ok in some situations but have a number of deficits - the main one is that they are quite poor at handling multi-point manoeuvres. 

Also the 2D plan view symbology for the objects is inconsistent between vehicle types and they have bugs as to which pens/line types actually change when an associated parameter setting is changed. 

These issues have been reported, but unfortunately from what I have seen CI no longer seem to be actively involved in maintaining their tools, beyond basic compatibility updates for newer ArchiCAD versions for the most used ones.

Barry Kelly

There are 8 different turning curve objects in the default Graphisoft library.

I have never used them so can't say if they are goos or bad.

Just that they are there.

Barry.

Paul King
Mentor

There are 8 different turning curve objects in the default Graphisoft library.

I have never used them so can't say if they are goos or bad.

Just that they are there.

Even worse than the CI tools ones unfortunately - essentially  dumb diagrams

dgrooms
Participant

Yes Please!!!!!

Status
Upvoted

with 41 Votes

Wish details