Thomas Nymann
Enthusiast

Hi.

Could future Zones have the "Show on Stories" setting added - Want to have a single zone throughout a building shaft for instance, but shown on all stories.

(Can this already be done???)

Cheers T.

10 Comments
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Don't think you can do it with a zone, but you place some dummy object and add a label to it, to act as a zone stamp.

Ussually we have the opening tool for shafts, though I'm sure you have a valid reason to show zone instead.

This would also be very useful for most of the warehouses I design - that usually contains mezzanines/half-stories containing different functions than the storage areas - which some times are several stories high. 

ILL.png

Barry Kelly

The strange thing is zones can be set to any height and they will display in sections & 3D to that height.

The problem is that zones just can't be set to display in plan on multiple storeys or even for all relevant storeys.

I have made a mention of this over on the developers forum.

If every one wanting this likes the original post here and makes a request to their local Archicad distributor, then maybe some importance will be placed on it.

Barry.

Thomas Nymann
Enthusiast

Hi Barry.

I guess we should give it a like in dev´s forum as well - The more the Marrier 🙂

Cheers.

Barry Kelly

That is not the developers forum here in this community.

It is a completely different forum altogether.

Barry.

Thomas Nymann
Enthusiast

Ok....  Well let´s just hope that more will "like" the original post then 😉 - Thanks for your input 🙂

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

@Barry Kelly wrote:

The strange thing is zones can be set to any height and they will display in sections & 3D to that height.

It will display in Sections? In 3D, yes, but in Sections? 

Are we using the same program? 🙂

Barry Kelly

@Laszlo Nagy
 wrote:

It will display in Sections? In 3D, yes, but in Sections? 

Are we using the same program? 🙂

You are correct, they don't show in sections (yet).

We will have to stay tuned on that one. 😉

Barry.

scottjm
Advisor

Given we can now show zones in sections, being able to show zones over different stories in plan seems like a essential requirement

gdford
Advisor

If a zone could be visible in plan across multiple stories then we could use a zone to consolidate General Notes for display across the entire model in every story and section and elevation.... 
Seriously - we need to get rid of dumb notes scattered around the model!!!
I am stunned that Graphisoft has still not addressed this.

Status
Upvoted

with 27/80 votes 2.962962962963%

Additional Information
Product:
Operating System:
Labels:
General wishes