Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Archicad AI Visualizer
Discussions about Archicad AI Visualizer.

ERROR: python3-venv is not installed, aborting

Sindre
Contributor

After dragging run.sh it to the Terminal window and hit Enter, this message shows up in HomeBrew / Terminal.

I have moved the AI Visualizer folder from Add-ons into Archicad 27 folder > Add-ons > Extra.

And i have moved the sd.webui folder into Archicad 27 folder.

Skjermbilde 2023-11-17 kl. 22.02.39.png

57 REPLIES 57
zsh: command not found: python

Obviously, you don't have your Python installation linked to the 'python' executable.

George
iggiv
Enthusiast

Good night GAG:

I would like to provide you with an update on AI Visualization.

After installing AI Visualization with AC 27, I encountered some problems. Fortunately, the conflicts did not result in any loss of information, but I experienced a persistent showing "gray empty window" when attempting to save a file or module.

AI Visualization appears to be a helpful tool, but I need to learn how to give instructions effectively.

I was advised to uninstall AI, and though I could do without it for a while, the installation process was challenging even with your assistance. Reinstalling would be quite difficult! I'm hopeful that an "installer for dummies" will make a significant difference next time.

As a temporary solution, I opted to quit and wait for 10 minutes to ensure everything was disconnected and memory erased. Upon reopening, I suspected that I wasn't connected to the AI Visualization server, as the "save windows" reappeared correctly.

I am wondering if there is a disable option for AI Visualization so that I can use it only when necessary. It seems what I require is to disconnect from the server.

Please refer to the attached picture, which illustrates the gray empty window at the center of the screen.

Thank you for your assistance.

1.png

@iggiv wrote:

<…> but I experienced a persistent showing "gray empty window" when attempting to save a file or module.

iggiv, from your screenshot I can see that the application currently running is indeed Archicad, but I can't identify the empty grey area as the AI Visualizer window, as it doesn't have a caption. Another strange thing is a white area on the left.

Why do you think this is related to the AI Visualizer add-on?

George

Morning,

I assume from this I have python3 

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.24.10 am.png

same situation on my system...

@Benh1992 wrote:

Morning,

I assume from this I have python3 

Ben, now let's see your python3 version:

/usr/local/bin/python3 --version
George

Looks to be 3.11.6

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 11.40.51 am.png

GAG;

I am 90% certain that the problem is related to AI Visualizer, although I may be 100% wrong. Fortunately, everything seems fine now as the issues have disappeared. I am hesitant to replicate the problem because I don't have the option to disconnect from AI> The installation was so difficult I preferred not to UNINSTALL but deactivate until I needed it.

The WHITE RECTANGLE was created by me to hide the WhatsApp conversation that I forgot to close while posting this message.
The GRAY RECTANGLE, as indicated by the red frame in the attachment, from the save window. It remains blank, and I have no option other than pressing the escape button. Consequently, I was unable to save as, or save modules, while the command-S worked.

Despite turning off all of the CI TOOLS, the problem persisted. It was only after turning off the computer that everything returned to normal. I believe this occurred because it disconnected from the AI Visualization server.

The TRACE issue was resolved, although I think it was related to AI. I solved it by resetting the trace mode in the TRACE PANEL.

1.png

@Benh1992 wrote:

Looks to be 3.11.6

OK, now we can try to link your 'python3' to be recognised as just 'python'.

First, let's see where python3 points.

ls -la /usr/local/bin/python3

Then we create symbolic link:

ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/python

After creating symbolic link 'python', test it:

python -c 'import venv; print(dir(venv))'

George

I have the same problem. I followed the instructions above but unfortunately nothing

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!