Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

AC18 DevKits are available

Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi fellow developers,

The ArchiCAD 18 API development kits are available in the download area. Don't forget to read the New Features Guide

Good luck,

Ákos
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Ákos

I am getting a compilation error in my plugin because all the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphisoft\API Development Kit 17\Support\Modules\GSModelDevLib\Sources are missing in the AC18 API.

Paul
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
paulk wrote:
Thanks Ákos

I am getting a compilation error in my plugin because all the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphisoft\API Development Kit 17\Support\Modules\GSModelDevLib\Sources are missing in the AC18 API.

Paul
Hi Paul,

Please remove those .cpp files from the project; from AC18 they are compiled into GSModeler.dll/.framework.

Regards, Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Akos

There are a lot of changes not documented. For example, GSModeler replaced by ModelerAPI. And some documentation does not match the header files - DGSetItemImage for example. Plus changes to AppendToLocal, etc etc. There is really a lot of work to update plugins to run under AC18.

Paul
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another example - DGModalDialog - the documentation does not match DG.h.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think there is a bad bug in the new AC 18 API. It looks like material GUID's are always returned as null. See the image below. Is there a workaround for this? We need to have unique ID for each AC material object. This works fine in AC 17 as you can see in the image.

Thanks

Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dave wrote:
I think there is a bad bug in the new AC 18 API. It looks like material GUID's are always returned as null. See the image below.

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately it's a known bug, we will fix this in the next AC18 hotfix update.

Regards,
Tibor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tibor,

Okay thanks for that.

Regards,

Dave
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I am unable to get my addin to link for AC18. The same project links fine for AC17. The link error is:

1>SettingsDialog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Inf

I am linking the following libraries:

ACAP_STAT.lib
DGGraphixImp.lib
DGImp.lib
GraphixImp.lib
GSModelerImp.lib
GSRootImp.lib
GSUtilsImp.lib
GXImageBaseImp.lib
GXImageImp.lib
GXImp.lib
InputOutputImp.lib
UCImp.lib

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong pls?

Thanks

Paul
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tibor/Ákos - are you able to provide a response to the issue above pls? I cannot release an AC18 version of my plugin without a resolution to this issue.

Thanks

Paul