cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Archicad 23 API

poco2013
Mentor
Just installed the Archicad 23 API. tried using the Addonadmin manager and got the following error: Any fix available?
On Windows 10
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
dushyant
Enthusiast
Thanks Tibor. AddOnAdmin now runs for me.
It looks like all the files from the AddOnManagement directory need NOT be copied to the Archicad23 directory, as most of them already exist there.
I just copied:
AddOnAdmin.exe.mui from AddOnManagement/en to ARCHICAD 23/en
AddOnAdmin.exe from AddOnManagement to ARCHICAD 23
Then running AddOnAdmin.exe from ARCHICAD 23 directory starts the Add-On Management tool.
Thanks for the update on the development of AddOn Management.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
dushyant
Enthusiast
I get the same error, on windows 10. Further I get the similar errors for the following too:
AlgMath.dll was not found
WPFWrappers.dll was not found

What's wrong? How to fix this?
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Developers,

The DevKit 23 does not contain all of the dependency of the AddOnAdmin.exe.
We decided to not put into the DevKit those missing libraries because that way the size of the DevKit would be more than 300 MB and those missing libraries can be found in an installed ARCHICAD.

So to run the AddOnAdmin.exe, please copy the content of the "AddOn Management" folder to your installed ARCHICAD folder (make sure that AddOnAdmin.exe is placed next to the ARCHICAD.exe, in the same folder).

FYI:
We are planning to move the functionality of the AddOnAdmin application to our API Site (http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com). The development is still in progress. As soon as it finishes the AddOnAdmin application won't be part of the DevKit.
That way you will be able to generate new identifiers for your Add-Ons and check your existing Add-Ons at our site without any external application.
poco2013
Mentor
Thanks for the info but I think I am still doing something wrong. I copied the contends of the add on manager to to the Archicad directory but when I run the exe it only creates a rpt file??
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
poco2013 wrote:
...but when I run the exe it only creates a rpt file??
Could you send that .rpt file to us in email to archicadapi@graphisoft.com please?

Meanwhile please use the AddOnAdmin application from the previous API Development Kits (version 21 or 22 for example), the latest AddOnAdmin version does not contain any new features.
Solution
dushyant
Enthusiast
Thanks Tibor. AddOnAdmin now runs for me.
It looks like all the files from the AddOnManagement directory need NOT be copied to the Archicad23 directory, as most of them already exist there.
I just copied:
AddOnAdmin.exe.mui from AddOnManagement/en to ARCHICAD 23/en
AddOnAdmin.exe from AddOnManagement to ARCHICAD 23
Then running AddOnAdmin.exe from ARCHICAD 23 directory starts the Add-On Management tool.
Thanks for the update on the development of AddOn Management.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tibor wrote:
Dear Developers,

We decided to not put into the DevKit those missing libraries because that way the size of the DevKit would be more than 300 MB and those missing libraries can be found in an installed ARCHICAD.

So to run the AddOnAdmin.exe, please copy the content of the "AddOn Management" folder to your installed ARCHICAD folder (make sure that AddOnAdmin.exe is placed next to the ARCHICAD.exe, in the same folder).

FYI:
We are planning to move the functionality of the AddOnAdmin application to our API Site (http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com). The development is still in progress. As soon as it finishes the AddOnAdmin application won't be part of the DevKit.
That way you will be able to generate new identifiers for your Add-Ons and check your existing Add-Ons at our site without any external application.

WHY DON"T YOU MAKE A PROPER DAMN REFERENCE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE TO USE YOUR PRODUCT? I was looking for a way to solve this problem for some hours now. I am made to use archicad as an architect. The firm I'm working in is one of the leaders of the market in Russia. And the main problem we have with design is Archicad. It's slow, it's closed, it's slow. Yes, probably, it has the best 2d drafting tools. Ok. But everything else is so bad. Graphisoft, you couldnt even make a proper reference for that. I hoped your python would have been the solution — still, not. Your product is slow, very expensive and has no flexibility at all. This is why I use Arhicad only at work. (No, don't get me wrong: revit also sucks, but you know... and the whole firm usually cries because of you. But we have no alternative, as for me I got over 7 years of experience in archicad on a large scale projects and not. We cant change horses, but maybe you can change the crap you are selling?)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tibor wrote:
Dear Developers,

FYI:
BTW, this solution ruins the archicad installation, so it wont run.
Anonymous
Not applicable
poco2013 wrote:
Just installed the Archicad 23 API. tried using the Addonadmin manager and got the following error: Any fix available?

Admin error.PNG

On Windows 10
I should mention, that the only working version of Addonadmin (which cant ever save the database as a C header, though), is in AC22 API archive. No idea, why the idea of making an outofthebox dev solution for archicad is so impossible for graphisoft.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
The add-on admin is all online now and the developer site has a blog post describing how it all works: http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/how-to-get-mdid-for-my-add-on
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems