BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx Issues

win-q
Contributor

I am using AC26 and exported to a BIMx file. The sheets were visible in BIMx and when I tried to open in 3D, this is the message I got:

"This Hyper-model was created in an unsupported version of Archicad. Please install the latest Archicad update and reexport your model. (Error: missing bounding box)"

Not sure what to do, any help?

14 REPLIES 14
Barry Kelly

Could it be that somehow you are using an older version of BIMx Desktop that does not open a 26 file?

Check you have the latest BIMx Desktop viewer.

Or you can install it now as an app that will get automatic updates.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/BIMx/BIMx-Desktop-Viewer-has-moved-to-online-stores/ta-p/386809

Barry

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
win-q
Contributor

I am currently using the most recent update of BIMx on the phone/tablet/mac. It opens the file and I can view the drawings but nothing in 3D. 

On the phone I am using version 2023.5060

@win-q wrote:

I am currently using the most recent update of BIMx on the phone/tablet/mac.

You tagged your post "BIMx Desktop".

Should have used "Mobile" - I will edit your post.

I have the same app but only an old model that was just the 3D and not a hyper-model.

It opens fine.

But I can not download the demo hyper-model - says my browser is not compatible.

Maybe my phone is too old.

So I won't be too much help with the mobile app sorry.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi, please send the model to bimx@graphisoft.com. Our support team will investigate this issue with high priority. The web application on iOS/iPadOS is not supported currently - see more details in this comment. To import models to the iOS app, scroll down to Download by tapping above the web app's frame:

RolandSzabo_0-1695361211485.png

We plan to enable scrolling on the full interface soon.

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager
BJC
Contributor

I have the same.

Achicad 27 (up to date) / BimX 2023.5323

Hyper model published. Shows all 2D plans etc but when clicking "Show in 3D" I get ...

This Hyper-model was created in an unsupported version of
Archicad. Please install the latest Archicad update and reexport
your model. (Error: missing bounding box)

So, did you follow Roland's directions from Sept 21 in this thread?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
awaisyousaf568
Participant

Are you using any specific add-ons or plugins with Archicad that might be interfering with the export process?

@Barry Kelly wrote:

Could it be that somehow you are using an older version of BIMx Desktop that does not open a 26 file?

Check you have the latest BIMx Desktop viewer.

Or you can install it now as an app that will get automatic updates.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/BIMx/BIMx-Desktop-Viewer-has-moved-to-online-stores/ta-p/386809 chef-187

Barry

Have you considered checking for updates or installing the latest version of the BIMx Desktop viewer to address any potential file compatibility issues?

Atort
Booster

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. "This Hyper-model was created in an unsupported version of Archicad. Please install the latest Archicad update and reexport your model. (Error: missing bounding box)"

The original model was done under Archicad 26 INT build 3010, then exported to BIMx and got that message.

I've also opened it in A27 build 4060 and got the same error message.

(OSX Sonoma 14.2.1, RAM 32 GB, and more than 500 GB free on the hard disk)

A26 ESP · Mac Studio M1 Max 32Gb Ventura 13.2.1 · iMac 27" Late 2012 2,9Ghz i5 32Gb GTX660 Ventura 13.2.1 (Yes it runs on it)