Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx info

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if it's possible to show the material info of an object in BimX?

For example, can I have a slab display that its material is say white tile 30x30?

We're using BimX for ArchiCAD 16 and will be exporting the file to clients for use on windows and ipads/ tablets.
2 REPLIES 2
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
tlodge,

In the current version you can display the following data in the BIMx model on a portable device: Element name and ID, height, size, volume. Additional data
is displayed in the desktop versions such as layer and floorplan area of slabs, mesh, roofs etc. There is also a Measure function in the desktop version but
there is not material display currently. We are currently working on the next version. I will submit the idea to add material to the list of elements to display.

In the meantime some creative users have made 3D labels using the new Morph tool and applied a texture containing additional info about the model,
or placed some 3D text in strategic parts of the model. To think of it, one way to get the material to show in the info display is to type the material
name into the element ID. At the moment there are many possibilities and more to come.

EDIT: See Display BIM Info section of this article.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.

I had considered changing the element ID however that does have restrictions where you have a wall with two finishes (one on the outside and one on the inside). This does cause issues as our client (a prominent car manufacturer) aims to use the BIMx model as a designers guide and approved finishes 'document'.

However the 3D labels idea may have some legs given that a new BIMx version may be some time away.