BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.
SOLVED!

Connect to bimx.graphisoft.com ?

proto
Advocate

How do I connect to bimx.graphisoft.com?

I have been able to save to my local drive & then login on bimx.graphisoft.com & then upload

but i am unable to use either the publisher or the file menu wizard

what am I missing?

bimx-fail.png

 thanks!

mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jeff Griffin
Enthusiast

BIMx and BIMcloud are two entirely different things. 

In order to upload to the BIMx Model Transfer Site, you would configure your Publisher Set as described at this link. Pay especially close attention to the information under the "Upload BIMx Hyper-model" heading. 

iMac 27 (2020) 3.8 GHz Core i7; 128 GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB GPU (macOS Sonoma)
MacBook Pro M1 Max; 64 GB RAM; 32-Core GPU (macOS Ventura)
ArchiCAD 27/26/25 Full (latest builds). User since AC12 (2008).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Jeff Griffin
Enthusiast

BIMx and BIMcloud are two entirely different things. 

In order to upload to the BIMx Model Transfer Site, you would configure your Publisher Set as described at this link. Pay especially close attention to the information under the "Upload BIMx Hyper-model" heading. 

iMac 27 (2020) 3.8 GHz Core i7; 128 GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB GPU (macOS Sonoma)
MacBook Pro M1 Max; 64 GB RAM; 32-Core GPU (macOS Ventura)
ArchiCAD 27/26/25 Full (latest builds). User since AC12 (2008).
proto
Advocate

@Jeff Griffin thanks for clarifying that they are different -- i will check out the link

[ETA]thank you! That linked help section got me straight!

proto
Advocate

Followup question:

I am under the impression we can also share these models via other cloud apps like Dropbox.

When a remote client clicks on a bimx file from a non-bimx site, are they able to see and fly-thru the model on a web browser?

Or are they limited to a desktop/ios/android app download? [with subsequent download of large model file]

Often clients aren't as tech capable as we would like and a simple double click to see it on the web seems most straightforward (afaict...maybe i'm the simple one...!)