Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Quantities takeoff from BIMx model

guharlaga
Participant

I have received a BIMx model. Is it somehow possible to create material take-offs/schedules from this or do we absolutely need the open the PLN in Archicad?

2 REPLIES 2
davdelven
Advocate

It depends on your whole workflow. 

If you need to just check the data without further parsing or dropping, you can use BIMx perfectly. You just need to create a Schedule with all the QTO data you need per each object. 

David Delgado Vendrell

http://www.daviddelgado.cat
i7-7820HK CPU 2,90GHz 32GB RAM
Triple Monitor 17"+25"+32" Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
SSD+HDD, Win10 Home - 64 ENG
AC18-AC26 INT/SPA (64-bit, latest build)
Surfing with Archicad since 2013
Marc H
Advisor

The BIMx model is published with a data set (an AC Schedule) to support the pop-up element info, but I’m not aware if there is a data export from BIMx.  However, a method I have used with my estimator is to export a schedule of his desired data in spreadsheet (or other preferred) format from the PLN, ideally concurrent with the BIMx package so the versions match.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors