cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Random polygon shows up during BIMx publishing ONLY

Chris Hough
Booster

I have had a very strange error show up on 2 of my projects so far and I have no idea what is going on. My guess is it has something to do with the way we are modeling some more complex project with meshes as sites and complex walls, but a random polygon shows up at about 8' tall and covers the entire bottom portion of the building. This polygon does NOT show on any layer, or in any Boolean operation that I can see at this location, and ONLY shows up when the "Publish BIMx" command is given and the 3D file is being generated. There is no mesh, slab, wall or polygon in the model that is at this specific height. The polygon will disappear as soon as the Publish command completes, and it WILL show up in the BIMx file. See attached images of the standard model view below and the 3D window as it shows up when publishing. This is consistent in both Archicad 26 and 27.

What the heck is going on and how to do fix this please?

Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 2.01.30 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 2.01.51 PM.jpg

  

Owner, Heritage Design Studio
AC 4.5-26
Maco OS Monterey | 2.4 Ghz i9 | 32Gb | AMD RX 6800 XT
1 REPLY 1
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

This is not an error, those are just your Zones, automatically exported as semi-tansparent 3D elements (this is why you see them during publishing).

Enable the Zones toggle in BIMx to show them in 3D with the associated texture, color, and element information. Zones have interactive labels to access the relevant data from 2D as well. 

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager