BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Autodesk to Acquire NavisWorks

TomWaltz
Participant
Tom Waltz
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Never heard of it , never used it , but after this i checked the net , ok it's a good tool , and guess what ? again Autodesk doing the same sh!tty thing that they know how to do , it is a good program? ok then buy it !! put Autodesk label on it and start shipping it ... god i hate those people !!

its the old story of money versus human and senses , the story of the old beautiful house , that still stands among skyscrapers ? but in the end they will manage to crush it and build a 90 story building... why? coz they have the money!! i hate it .. i mean really
Anonymous
Not applicable
So an independent product allowing the users of diverse CAD packages to collaborate is to be owned and run by Autodesk.

The obvious question is whether it will continue to be a means for users of diverse CAD packages to collaborate or whether it will be another tool to try to lever Revit into every architect's office.

I haven't used it but having seen it demo'd and it look good.

Watch out for the next release............

Maybe Nemetschek buying Graphisoft was the best thing for ArchiCAD users. At least someone out there will want Allplan, ArchiCAD & Vectorworks to be able to share CAD models.
Learn and get certified!