Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIMcloud Library does not load

AEismann
Participant
Hi all,

We are using archicad 23 together with BIMcloud basic for archicad 23 ver. 2019.4 (23.0.2504.1102). As you can see in the screenshots attached, we have a library with files in it 76MB, which of we cannot see the content or use it. I tried to delete the local library, but it still does not work, any suggestions ?

Kind regards,
A. Eismann
AC23 NED 7000 | AC24 NED 5000

Win10 | i9-9900k | 32GB | RTX 2080 Ti
21 REPLIES 21
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I do not speak this language, but that "Maps en HDR" probably means "HDR maps".
And I think that folder does not contain ARCHICAD Library Parts. It contains files that can be used as HDR (High Dynamic Range) images/backgrounds in CineRender. This is probably the reason why you don't donf any objects in it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
AEismann
Participant
Hi,
It does contains textures such as image files which we use for rendering and materials, those work fine with archicad 22 meaning they are visible in the details, the library is exactly identical. Archicad display those, or am I missing something ? if i put image files to the library those should be displayed.
LaszloNagy wrote:
I do not speak this language, but that "Maps en HDR" probably means "HDR maps".
And I think that folder does not contain ARCHICAD Library Parts. It contains files that can be used as HDR (High Dynamic Range) images/backgrounds in CineRender. This is probably the reason why you don't donf any objects in it.

AEismann
Participant
To add to the diagnose, when trying to add files to that library I get the message :

another user is sending in changes right now. Please wait, then try again.

I am the only user on that file, even on that server, what is happening ?

Kind regards,
A. Eismann

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I tried this, although not on a BIM Server project, and indeed, the HDR Images library does display folders and those HDR files in the Library Manager Dialog.

I wonder if you deleted that folder from the BIM Server, then re-uploaded the folder and loaded it into the Project file, would that solve this issue?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
AEismann
Participant
Hi Laszlo,

Unfortunately I get the same problem doing that. Thanks for your reply. I think there's something going wrong with processing the requests of changing BIMclould (basic) library files.
LaszloNagy wrote:
I tried this, although not on a BIM Server project, and indeed, the HDR Images library does display folders and those HDR files in the Library Manager Dialog.

I wonder if you deleted that folder from the BIM Server, then re-uploaded the folder and loaded it into the Project file, would that solve this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What does it say in the Manage BIMcloud Libraries under "Modified"?

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88411/

I think that one of my colleagues had a similar problem with one of his BIMcloud Libraries in Archicad 22. The Library was showing in the Library Manager and it was showing its size, but the Library was "empty" in the file.

I don't remember what exactly solved it, but we started with Update BIMcloud Library command, which didn't help as far as I remember, so we ended up deleting the Library from BIMcloud and then uploading it again. I think that was what solved it for us at the end.

And also, what happens when you add the same BIMcloud Library to another file?
AEismann
Participant
So under modified its showing the date of creation. any other upload or creation of another library, even brand new, ends up with the same symptoms, which does not allow me to modify the library. I tested other files and other computers as well, still the same. Thanks for your reply.

mbl wrote:
What does it say in the Manage BIMcloud Libraries under "Modified"?

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88411/

I think that one of my colleagues had a similar problem with one of his BIMcloud Libraries in Archicad 22. The Library was showing in the Library Manager and it was showing its size, but the Library was "empty" in the file.

I don't remember what exactly solved it, but we started with Update BIMcloud Library command, which didn't help as far as I remember, so we ended up deleting the Library from BIMcloud and then uploading it again. I think that was what solved it for us at the end.

And also, what happens when you add the same BIMcloud Library to another file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hm, that's strange then. So there is no BIMcloud Library at all that can be updated? And does it keep the same "Modified" date even after you delete it and upload again?
AEismann
Participant
funny things happens. when I download it, it saves it without the .lcf extension, then I cannot upload it again. I think something is going wrong with the library file that it does not recognize it anymore.
mbl wrote:
Hm, that's strange then. So there is no BIMcloud Library at all that can be updated? And does it keep the same "Modified" date even after you delete it and upload again?