Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

CI Tools issue

User-01
Contributor

Hello Support Team,

We have installed CI Tool in my system and I created & completed the model for my client. Now our client has not installed CI tools on his machine. So he gets this attached message. Could you please advise what should we do suggest to the client on this situation? Or is there any solution to not showing that message and they can see the entire model without the CI Tools installed?

We look forward to your feedback on the same.

User01_0-1640079086608.png

Hitesh Panchal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Only by you not using the CI tool add-ons.

i.e. turn them off if you are not using them - I am not sure if it as simple as doing that in the Add-on Manager though.

The user receiving the file can untick those boxes (only if you have not used any CI tool add-ons).

Then the next time they open the file (assuming they save on closing the file), they will not get that message.

But if they send the file back to you and they untick those boxes - all the CI Tool data will be gone from the file.

If you send them a new file, they will get the message again if you have the add-ons turned on.

As mentioned, if the receiver has these add-ons as well, they will not get that message.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

He either needs to purchase the tools or download a trial so that he has the objects locally. You may be able to send him the objects from your library but he will not be able to modify them without paying for or having the trial of the tools

Lingwisyer
Guru

Also, the majority of us are just other users of AC

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Hello SenecaDesignLLC,

Thank you for your response on this. Is there any way we could get rid of that error permanently?

Solution

Only by you not using the CI tool add-ons.

i.e. turn them off if you are not using them - I am not sure if it as simple as doing that in the Add-on Manager though.

The user receiving the file can untick those boxes (only if you have not used any CI tool add-ons).

Then the next time they open the file (assuming they save on closing the file), they will not get that message.

But if they send the file back to you and they untick those boxes - all the CI Tool data will be gone from the file.

If you send them a new file, they will get the message again if you have the add-ons turned on.

As mentioned, if the receiver has these add-ons as well, they will not get that message.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hello Barry,

Thank you very much for the solutions and it works now. Really appreciated mate

Lingwisyer
Guru

On that note, can we unmark solutions which aren't really solutions?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

@Lingwisyer wrote:

On that note, can we unmark solutions which aren't really solutions?

Sure.

Not sure if only the original poster can un-solution a post, but moderators certainly can.

In the same way you 'accept as a solution', you can make it 'not the solution'.

i.e. setting in the post options.

I have un-solutioned a couple of the replies.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27