BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Configuration error in Remote Access to Keyserver

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
We've just established a network key on CodeMeter to host our four licenses. So far, it has been a great solution - there are 7 of us here, but seldom more than 3 in CAD, and we were getting tired of tracking down who had a key and who needed one, etc. Now the licenses are hosted on a single network-accessible key, which we use as required. Perfect.

I'm having an issue with a remote client. I understand that to access AC17 remotely, we need to employ port forwarding on the remote router, and to open our in-house router to the same ports. To date, I should note, I've got this working on two machines, almost without error on the remote side, so the BIMServer and CodeMeter connection are, in general, very functional. The third install is giving me surprising results.
Taking suggestions...

Our remote set up is:
iMac i5, dual core, running Mac 10.8.5, 8GB RAM.
AC17 build 5005.

I've told the Netgear 600 router there to open ports 17001-17004, 6005, and 22350.
And to pass them to the iMac.

My concern is that - though I've used the Netgear "genie" interface to allow this port forwarding - Network Utility.app is not showing those ports in a port scan of the local machine. Is that normal? I can actually see that 22350 is open, but not 17001-17004, despite having set them up at the same time.

It's also not showing, for instance, 80, though webdav is functioning. or any other port. Maybe I'm not getting a real read off of Network Utility?

And then, from CodeMeter logs, I'm seeing this:
2014-01-10 11:01:13: Entry (101074:61:134741023) not found - Event WB0200 (ENTRY NOT FOUND), Request IP-Address local(IPV6)
2014-01-10 11:01:13: API Error 200 (ENTRY NOT FOUND) occurred!
repeatedly, after CodeMeter seems to initialize without a hitch.

the note re: IPv6 concerns me, as I don't know much about it. And our local network doesn't hand out IPv6 IDs, only the kind I'm used to. Is there a mismatch in that? Is the remote speaking IPv6 and the CodeMeter key only receiving on IPv4?...

Starting ArchiCAD, naturally, returns a codemeter error of 110 or 230 (key not found).

Any insights? I've been in touch with Tech Support (with whom I've had great experiences), but haven't solved it yet, so I thought I'd ask here, too.

Thanks for any hints / tips / shared frustrations.
andrew
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Did you activate and forward the WAN port (22351) too?

Check Run CmWAN Server checkbox to use the computer in a wide area network (WAN) and allow license accesses.
Do not forget to Apply the changes
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hadn't, but now have. We've even swapped out routers on this remote install to see if there's something in that setup that was holding us up. So far no love.

Hm. A real head-scratcher...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Just to make sure...you did activate the WAN
sharing in the CodeMeter admin tool?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aha. Red herring, it turns out.

The trouble seems to be related to a sometimes trouble I don't understand on our network either: that sometimes the NAME of the server is recognized by another machine, and sometimes only the IP address.

Despite the fact that I'd followed the instructions and assigned our dynamic IP a name from DynDNS.org, and that seemed to work for most machines, the "bad" machines were not connecting properly.

If I feed those machines the dynamic IP of our internet-reachable server, they connect without issue.

NB: they are also, at the same time, connecting via WebDAV, using the domain name from DynDNS!! So the name "works" but sometimes not with AC17. or with that connection. through CodeMeter. or something. But I'm not losing sleep over it, as my workaround is functioning and our "dynamic" IP doesn't seem to ever change.

Hope this helps somebody else.
andrew
Learn and get certified!