BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DXF export problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again everyone,
I need to export a floorplan in .dxf format so that I can use it in another software.

Unfortunately, the program I need to use it in (DocFa 4.0) doesn't seem to be a shiny example of excellent programming. It's also the only one I can use for what I need to do (updating the Italian register of properties - catasto - for this house).

Don't really have any problem exporting a clean enough .dxf file that can be read by Autodesk softwares (I tested my files with DWG TrueView 2011 by Autodesk).

I'm attaching screenshots of what the plan looks like.

Here's the layout in Archicad 12 right before I export it:
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the .dxf I exported from the previous screenshot and opened in Autodesk DWG TrueView 2011.

Apart from the colors (which I do not care about), all seems fine:
Picture 9.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
...and unfortunately, here's what it looks like in DocFa 4.0.

Basically, it looks like the the program split the actual floorplan (top right) from the printable frame from the ArchiCad layout (left).

Is there a way to "freeze" layers in the exporting process?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I do't think there is much ArchiCAD can do if another program does not import the DXF well.
Maybe you could try to export to Model Space and then manipulate that in the other program.
So don't save the Layout as DXF, save the viewpoints that are the sources of the drawings placed on the Layout.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Laszlo, I'll try and do that.

Enrico
Eduardo Rolon
You could try to use Draftsight link to cleanup the dxf before importing it into the other program.

BTW DS is free and multi platform.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!