BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

SLOW DOWN

Llian
Advocate
I got linked up with another user with a teamwork project. All look good but it slows down when working on the file even though the file is release all to me. For example, when I add a word to the end of the measured value, the word comes out letter by letter.....does anyone has a solution?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
2 REPLIES 2
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Lilian,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. It is not a commonly reported issue in my territory (USA/Canada). And because Teamwork uses local caches, it should only be that your edits are on your local copy until you Send & Receive. Some tests I suggest:

- Try it in Solo mode - Open the project; go to File>Save As... Format: ARCHICAD Solo Project (PLN); Open the PLN copy and see if the behavior is the same.

- Try a second Teamwork file - Open an empty file (maybe with one of the default templates that ship with ARCHICAD) and just Share the empty file to the BIM Server; test to see if the behavior occurs in this new copy.

The goal of the above tests is to isolate whether the problem is specific to one project or not.

TEXT / FONT
Since you mention the problem happens with Text, I wonder which Font is being used. ARCHICAD uses the fonts on your operating system. Arial is the default in ARCHICAD since it is clean, modern and universal on Mac and Windows. What happens is Arial is used versus any other font?

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Llian
Advocate
Thanks Nicholas.
The 'slow-down' issue seems to have resolved after I work offline.
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Learn and get certified!