BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Snow Leopard caution for U.S. English users only

Karl Ottenstein
I've had a variety of language problems since upgrading to Snow Leopard - unrelated to ArchiCAD, which is why I'm posting under "Other Products".

One of them is that Spotlight was finding French names for applications rather than English.

I tracked this down to the fact that I did a Custom install and only installed the languages that I thought I would use (as recommended by various sources to save a little space). For example, I installed U.S. English as the only English dialect.

The first screenshot here shows what happens when I do my usual method to fire up Address Book via Spotlight - cmd-spacebar and type Addre and then enter (normally)...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
This screenshot is taken after I've added just plain "English" to my installed languages. Spotlight works again.

Note that the 'sort' box only offers English as a sort option, not U.S. English. This is what gave me the hint that I probably needed to install English.

Anyway... off topic, sort of, but in case it helps any other US users.

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
another proof that US English is slowly turning to French.
if you stuck with the proper British standard you would not have this problem...

just to wind you up a bit you know I could not help it
::rk
Karl Ottenstein
ceci n'est pas un pipe!
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!