Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Structural Imported Library Location with Teamwork

Gus
Newcomer
I am trying to speed up a model by reducing the number of objects in our embeded library. However, whenever I merge the engineers Revit MEP model using the Revit MEP translator, I end up successfully importing the model, but the MEP library ends up in the Embedded library. Is there a way that the translator can put this Imported MEP library into a BIM Server Library, or Local Library Automatically so it doesn't slow down our model as it sits in the embedded library? Also, I 'm doing this with teamwork so if it's local then does everyone need to fix this every time we update the MEP model? I'm having difficulty finding documentation on best practices with importing/merging engineer models libraries regularly and efficiently.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciates.

-Gus
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Gus,
You can export the Revit MEP library parts to a created by you library which will reside on the BIMserver with your other project libraries and which everyone using the project can load. You can create an .lcf of it, see the Archicad Help, it's quite easy, but you would have to redo this step everytime a new library part needs to be added to it. If you work with these consultants on a regular basis, this could be helpful for multiple projects.

However, Revit MEP parts can be quite large with the faceting of all the round pipes and it is this that can be bogging down Archicad.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Gus
Newcomer
Thanks for the info. I may try that BIM library concept, saving the MEP objects as a library file that we can all link to. I wish there was a way to get those Revit MEP files to be smaller.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
Erika Epstein
Booster
Talk with your MEP people, I believe there is a setting on their side which may help. But, if it alters the shape, be careful if you are overlapping models for clash analysis.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"