Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

3ds In add-on no longer works....HELP!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded the 3ds-In add-on from the goodies site, and it worked fine for a long time, now all of the sudden it wont work...as soon as it asks where to put the gsm object, archicad quits...
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
If your add-on is up to date and the problem still occurs, then send a little example file to your local reseller (who granted you the student license.) Tell them that Graphisoft asked for it.
Both ArchiCAD and the 3ds add-on are 1176...what exaxtly do you mean by an example file? Also, my reseller was Graphisoft, as I have the student version, so who would I need to send it to?

Thanks,
Sloan
Djordje
Virtuoso
aggie463 wrote:
gkmethy wrote:
If your add-on is up to date and the problem still occurs, then send a little example file to your local reseller (who granted you the student license.) Tell them that Graphisoft asked for it.
Both ArchiCAD and the 3ds add-on are 1176...what exaxtly do you mean by an example file? Also, my reseller was Graphisoft, as I have the student version, so who would I need to send it to?

Thanks,
Sloan
Where are you, geographically? US? Where in US? College Station means nothing. If we knew where you are, you can be physically contacted by a local person who might be able to help you.

Where did you get your license number from? That is your reseller.

Always give full information - Archicad version, computer and OS specs. See my signature for example. That narrows the potential reasons for the problem, and gives necessary information for answering.

Example file is the 3ds model that does not want to be loaded in Archicad and crashes it. The support has to try it on their own.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am in College Station, TX, USA...ArchiCAD 10 INT (1176) Intel on MacBook Pro w/ Mac OS 10.4.9
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh yes, and my license came from Graphisoft EDU
Djordje
Virtuoso
Graphisoft US is your best bet then!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
They sure are...they beat you to it! Already they are tirelessly working on solving my issue
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aggie463,

We've bugun having problems with AC 9 on a MacBook Pro which was recently upgraded to OS 10.4.9. We can't open a file or even run the installer. Based on some initial research in Apple discussion groups, it sounds like this may be an Apple problem with OS 10.4.9 on certain MacBook Pros. Others have reported problems with applications crashing or running erradically.

Could you post here whatever guidance Graphisoft gives you.

In the meantime we are rebuilding the computer to OS 10.4.8.

Thanks

Mike

Mactel Dual 2.66 GHz Intel, 2 GB RAM, OS 10.4.9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Michael wrote:
Aggie463,

We've bugun having problems with AC 9 on a MacBook Pro which was recently upgraded to OS 10.4.9. We can't open a file or even run the installer. Based on some initial research in Apple discussion groups, it sounds like this may be an Apple problem with OS 10.4.9 on certain MacBook Pros. Others have reported problems with applications crashing or running erradically.

Could you post here whatever guidance Graphisoft gives you.

In the meantime we are rebuilding the computer to OS 10.4.8.

Thanks

Mike

Mactel Dual 2.66 GHz Intel, 2 GB RAM, OS 10.4.9
Sure will. Im still waiting on a reply from them though. Hopefully Ill know something soon...the clock is ticking as usual. I dare say I my have to go to a pc for the time being to get this done in time...